deleted threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Spinnover

Nov 1, 2010
I like to come in, usually anonymously to review the 'Living' section... That way, when threads are deleted, as I find that happens quite often here... I can at least have a read beforehand.

Perhaps there should be an alternate section in the forums for non-PC threads, being that the admins here are so super-sensitive not to offend the public.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Threads are more often closed but very rarely deleted. If a thread was deleted and you didn't see it I guess you didn't miss much then. ;)

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
i had a post deleted the other day....
thought about why it was and came to a logical reason
i ain't ready to pay for a libel and neither is the dr1...

lol at least i learn :)

Reactions: Tamborista

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
i had a post deleted the other day....
thought about why it was and came to a logical reason
i ain't ready to pay for a libel and neither is the dr1...

Very good observation. It is surprising how some members think they can make very serious accusations against individuals and businesses, and then be upset when they are deleted. Just because you are posting using a board name doesn't mean that you have immunity. And I doubt that Robert is going to accept the hit if some poster makes accusations that result in a lawsuit.

One reason that I have survived 25 years of residency in the DR is because I am smart enough not to make public accusations against powerful citizens or business interests.

Dan Spinnover

Nov 1, 2010
I can see, kind of, why posts against key governmental personnel may be a problem.... I am thinking of more non-PC posts... stuff that does not slander or attack anybody, but as mentioned, is 'not politically correct'.

There was a case of a British woman who fell into some type of paranoia in the D.R. and secluded herself... she eventually died. Obviously, she was not well for a long-long time. The post about this on DR1 got deleted (as this will probably get deleted as well). Search in BBC News - Home for more details.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The post about this on DR1 got deleted (as this will probably get deleted as well).

The way I look at it, you have three choices:

1. Buy the board from Robert, I am sure he would sell it for the right price, then you can fire all of the MODS, who for the most part do a pretty good job putting up with losers like yourself.

2. Accept the way dr1 is and stop whining about what you have no control over, perhaps even contribute something worthwhile occasionally to the community.

3. Delete the bookmark, and go haunt another house.

tambo'

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I can see, kind of, why posts against key governmental personnel may be a problem.... I am thinking of more non-PC posts... stuff that does not slander or attack anybody, but as mentioned, is 'not politically correct'.

There was a case of a British woman who fell into some type of paranoia in the D.R. and secluded herself... she eventually died. Obviously, she was not well for a long-long time. The post about this on DR1 got deleted (as this will probably get deleted as well). Search in BBC News - Home for more details.

Is there something new you wanted to add that we haven't heard yet? If so here's another thread http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/108203-sosua-uk-news.html#post912320

Good post Tambo ;)

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
AFAIK In most forums talking about deleted stuff or banned members is cause to get banned yourself.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you have issues the way DR1 is run or how you're being treated by a mod, PM the mod or me directly.

Moaning on the board wins you know friends and eventually you will find you can no longer login to DR1.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.