Hey Al Gore.......

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
I hope you didnt see the street corner mechanic dumping oil from his most recent oil change down the man hole.Fernandez get real.If you want to meet with the former VP of the USA about the environment then DO SOMETHING!!! And yes I see oil dumped everyday down the sewer drains!

Reactions: Celt202

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It wasn't too long ago that they were doing this in the States and we all know that the Europeans killed their rivers centuries ago. The problem here in the Dr apart from education is the fact that their are few alternatives for the mechanics to dump their oil. If the government wanted to do something they would set up areas throughout the City and pay the mechanics for the oil and then they would come.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Is there an oil refinery in the DR? If not that explains why motor oil is not being recycled. I guess you could sent it back to Venezuela but who knows how that would work.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It wasn't too long ago that they were doing this in the States and we all know that the Europeans killed their rivers centuries ago.
i hear that thames now is cleaner than centuries ago, who'd know?
i know that cars can run on used frying oil but what would one do with motor oil? legitimate question here, i am interested to learn new things.