Wedding Planner

E

engineerfg

I have a friend who's getting married in DR (let's call him 'sucker'!).

Sucker is an expat like me, and asked me my opinion on 'wedding planners'. In Germany where sucker is from, a wedding planner actually helps you save money and time, by having all the hook-ups and knows how to cut corners. He asked if I think it's a good idea to get one of these in the DR.

From my limited experiences in this country, it would strike me that 'saving you time and money' is not necessarily a service experience that's humanly possible in the Dominican Republic. My gut would say, another person in the mix, means more cost and less attention to detail in the mix.

What are people's experiences here? Before sucker writes off all Dominicans as opportunistic time wasters, has anyone had any positive experiences about wedding planners?

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Don't have personal experience, but my two cents might be to go with a package deal at a hotel. They'll know about the logistics for foreigners. That's what I'd do, unless the bride has considerable objections to it, in which case she should do the planning.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Papi I suggest you post your real name or guess what????

Your post will be probably be deleted by the SUPER CYBER POWERS!

Reactions: Bronxboy

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I dont know about everybody else on here, but imho after all these emails I would not hire you
sorry
manu