Travel Insurance from U.S.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Anyone know of some travel ins. cos. that will pay clinics directly rather than paying and being reimbursed?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Question is not if they pay

The real question is not if they will pay the clinic, its when they will pay the clinic! The clinics do not want and will not wait 2-3 months to get their money.

Blue cross would have paid CEDIMAT but when CEDIMAT found out that the letter of guarantee was now, and payment would be in about 3 months, they said no way. :bunny:

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Can't blame the clinics. I'm curious when I see posts off people leaving the clinics--not paying anything, what ins. cos. are these?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Can't blame the clinics. I'm curious when I see posts off people leaving the clinics--not paying anything, what ins. cos. are these?

local!!!!! humano, universal pacsalud, etc. but not off island ones. An no I don't blame the clinics at all. I had to wait the 3 months after I paid CEDIMAT, was not good.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003

Several years ago I was a patient at Centro Medico Bournigal in Puerto Plata. I have Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance (with out of area coverage).

The hospital verified my coverage before admitting me and informed me that my stay would be covered in full. They asked for an imprint of my credit card in case of payment difficulties. When I was discharged, I was not asked for any payment.

Blue Cross paid them as soon as I completed the necessary paperwork. No charge was ever placed on my credit card.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Back when I had bc and bs they had the actual clinics listed on their web site that were providers in the DR. People should make themselves aware of this before travel. I have a feeling that the per trip travel ins. cos. only reimburse. Still waiting for someone to chime in otherwise.