Moneygram to the DR

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I was asked by message about receiving moneygrams in the DR. It seems that the person insists that they send it to your house. If you are in the DR and you go to the Moneygram site like I did, you will find this.

Look at step 2 and you will see you MUST go to a location to receive your Money. Also you will get it in Pesos. This should put this topic to rest.

Step 1

Ask the person who is sending you money to give you your reference number ? this will help speed up your collection.

Step 2

Visit a MoneyGram agent (locate one using Find Us), taking some identification* and your reference number with you.

Step 3

Complete our simple ?receive? form and show your identification ? you will then be given your money, usually in your local currency

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I was asked by message about receiving moneygrams in the DR. It seems that the person insists that they send it to your house. If you are in the DR and you go to the Moneygram site like I did, you will find this.

Look at step 2 and you will see you MUST go to a location to receive your Money. Also you will get it in Pesos. This should put this topic to rest.

Step 1

Ask the person who is sending you money to give you your reference number ? this will help speed up your collection.

Step 2

Visit a MoneyGram agent (locate one using Find Us), taking some identification* and your reference number with you.

Step 3

Complete our simple ?receive? form and show your identification ? you will then be given your money, usually in your local currency
Your typical Money Gram transfer is as you describe, however Money Gram has a US Dollar Home Delivery option available that would need to be arranged up front by the sender.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
You will find a Money Grand agency at any Walmart store but if can find it at a Dominican super market much better as they will send your money to Dominican Republic no to Check republic or Dominica or else where in the world, happened to me most of the time I used the Walmart stores agency...
I've never seen worse customer service like this before, that is the reason they make seven Dollars an hour....

JJ

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
simple as the thread started says just make sure you have the reference number. without this things are much more difficult.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Theses are the steps to fallow:
1- Dial the number on the receipt 1-888 / three minutes free international call..
2- When prompted for pin number dial pin number printed the tape to activate the 15 minutes transaction.
3- ask your relative or friend in the DR to write down the referential number.
4- Recipient must go holding an original identification Cedula or passport to a Money Grand agency or to any Banco Popular, Banco del Progreso, Banco BHD ect.

If the money is to be transfer in US Dollars them a carrier will send the cash to the recipient's location but this transaction must be arrange upfront and the cost will increase.
I have to do this every month as I support my younger Dominican dauther..

Toy loco por que se case!!!

$$$$

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
How difficult is it!

Go to any Walmart anywhere in the US. Fill out the Moneygram form. Tell the clerk that you want the option of home delivery in USD. They will ask you for the additional information which will be direction 1, 2, and 3 (the address of the receiver in the DR). Make sure they have entered the phone number of the receiver on their computer screen before the direction screen as the delivery service will call the receiver before delivery. Pay the clerk USD $509.90 and USD $500 will arrive within two hours at the direction you have provided. This is a fact! Please, someone on this board get off their duff and do this so you can provide confirmation to the many skeptics.

Last edited:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Go to any Walmart anywhere in the US. Fill out the Moneygram form. Tell the clerk that you want the option of home delivery in USD. They will ask you for the additional information which will be direction 1, 2, and 3 (the address of the receiver in the DR). Make sure they have entered the phone number of the receiver on their computer screen before the direction screen as the delivery service will call the receiver before delivery. Pay the clerk USD $509.90 and USD $500 will arrive within two hours at the direction you have provided. This is a fact! Please, someone on this board get off their duff and do this so you can provide confirmation to the many skeptics.

What do you want I say??? if in one chance I filed the form with the correct information to send $$$ to my mom for a medical emergency and the Walmart clerk wrote down in the computer the name of a different country in Africa...
What can I say about this customer service??? if one more time I was trying to send some $$$ to my daughter for Christmas presents and the stupid walmart clerk made the same mistake but this time the money went to Dominica.
The worse about this is that my relatives had to pay for taxi service and make a line at the Money grand location in DR.

JJ

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I will give you an address here in the DR, you send me money, and if it arrives I will give you double the amount you send. You have to go to a bank to complete the transaction.

YOU CANNOT DO THIS, END OF STORY.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Theses are the steps to fallow:
1- Dial the number on the receipt 1-888 / three minutes free international call..
2- When prompted for pin number dial pin number printed the tape to activate the 15 minutes transaction.
3- ask your relative or friend in the DR to write down the referential number.
4- Recipient must go holding an original identification Cedula or passport to a Money Grand agency or to any Banco Popular, Banco del Progreso, Banco BHD ect.

If the money is to be transfer in US Dollars them a carrier will send the cash to the recipient's location but this transaction must be arrange upfront and the cost will increase.
I have to do this every month as I support my younger Dominican dauther..

Toy loco por que se case!!!

$$$$

Man I dont understand why you dont just go to Xoom.com and do it like that. They will take the money to the house or she can go to Remesas BHD or Banco BHD y cogerlo. Its on $5 per transaccion or more if you want entrega dolares.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Man I dont understand why you dont just go to Xoom.com and do it like that. They will take the money to the house or she can go to Remesas BHD or Banco BHD y cogerlo. Its on $5 per transaccion or more if you want entrega dolares.
I have been sending every month with no problems at the Money grand agency located at the Dominican super market here in Raleigh all I have to do now is to tell my phone number to the clerk and every thing works fine. Is that I didn't know in the beginning that they do that kind of service over there.

I like to send cash only, so my wife don't know how much I send.:cheeky:

She complain any way.:eek:gre:

JJ

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Try this link to send money online using moneygram.
NEVER leave your home. Use your credit, debit, checking or savings account.
YES, they do deliver to your front door in US dollars.
I pay $10.00 for economy service (3 business days) or $18.00 if you want
immediate delivery (about 1hr) for US $300.00
I use them often to DR and 2 other Latin Amercian countries.

https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/moneygramonline/home/sendmoney/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gPSxcDDxN_A0t_Q18DA08LUy8_M3NDQwN3I30v_aj0nPwkoMpwkF4kte5h7i5AtRbGxk7ersYGFgYQeQMcwNFA388jPzdVvyA7OMjCUVERAPlOegY!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfSDlEMEg0TzA5TzFNMDBJODVKTjY3MTEwRzI!/

Ccarabella