looking for a carpenty/wood shop in Santo Domingo

Ono

Aug 3, 2010
Hi,
I'm housesitting for family, staying in Bella Vista and would like to make a present for them.
I need to find a place to buy 1''x2'' finished wood molding or boards, preferably where I can have them cut to my requested dimensions.
( I've checked a couple of frame shops but they were too pricey )
Any advice on where to buy, ideally with addresses included, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ono

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Hi,
I'm housesitting for family, staying in Bella Vista and would like to make a present for them.
I need to find a place to buy 1''x2'' finished wood molding or boards, preferably where I can have them cut to my requested dimensions.
( I've checked a couple of frame shops but they were too pricey )
Any advice on where to buy, ideally with addresses included, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ono

A lot of the compra ventas have shops close thats where they get the pine dressers and tables from. just check a few of them or ask them where they are getting their stuff from

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ochoa or Americana, I would think. You might go to Madesol also, they are one of the major wood suppliers. Look them up in the book.

HB

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Ochoa or Americana, I would think. You might go to Madesol also, they are one of the major wood suppliers. Look them up in the book.

HB

The new Ferreteria Americana store on Luperon (on your left going north after Caonabo) has a timber merchant department out back of the store in the rear car park. They will cut your wood to size, but I don't know if they'll mitre it for you.
Bryan

mrp

Jul 7, 2008
If you want good custom work from someone you can trust, I have a long term very serious friend who does wooden trim work and furniture of high quality at factory prices. You can ask for Oscar or Wendy, and call (809)598-1919. They are located on Carretera Mendoza, in Santo Domingo East, near the bomba Isla. He is an architect second generation furniture maker and he specializes in custom work, and I'm American and trust him implicitly. Tell him Eric the saxophone player sent you.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Depends what you are looking for exactly, I have access to a workshop with lathe, jigsaw, router, etc etc and am a traditional custom drum maker for almost 20 years and have many years experience in workshop fitting.
If you tell me what you want I can give you a daily or hourly rate+ timber costs.
I work on Sarasota so if you want to hitch up with plans pm me.

Ono

Aug 3, 2010
Thanks so much.
Essentially we need two frames of specific sizes, the outer sizes are the same dimension but the inner cut is different.
We can either have it made for us or buy the wood and ideally, if we have use of a table saw, do the cuts.
Its a simple project. We just need the wood and access to tools.
I sent you a p.m with details.
Let me know if you can help in either way and we can easily meet on Sarasota.
We aren't far from Bella Vista Mall.

Ono

Aug 3, 2010
I'd like to thank everyone who wrote with suggestions.
We went to a place called Madeco while heading towards Madesol.
They had lots of wood, moulding, plywood, boards, etc. and could do rough cuts.
Now,on to get the corners mitered. I think we'll try a frame shop.
Thanks again.

Ono

Aug 3, 2010
I'm having a difficult time finding a place to cut the corners I need for my (2) frames.
The frame shop nearby I thought existed, doesn't.
To complicate matters we don't drive.
All I need is the corners mitered at 45 degree angles.
If anyone is close to Bella Vista and can help us out, please let me know.

BTW: I've been in many countries, in less developed places and never had the difficulties I'm running into here trying to do simple things.