Pueblo Bavaro

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Hello Folks,

I have recently spent some time in Punta Cana and am thinking that I would like to buy a place out there. Maybe even selling my place in SD and making my Dominican base out east. I am just dreaming right now but I wanted to know what you guys thought of Pueblo Bavaro? I know it is not the most luxurious of the developments in the area but it looked very nice and most importantly accessible.

What do you guys think ?

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I've lived in Pueblo Bavaro for a year and a half. I find the location fine and I've never felt threatened or unsafe in any manner. If you're looking to be close to the touristy crap / nightlife this probably isn't the best location. Also if you are looking to be closer to ex-pats this probably isn't right either. It is primarily Dominicans. With the San Juan shopping center opening soon just about anything you'd need will be minutes away.

Reactions: Lucille

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Pueblo Bavaro is over crowded, mostly Dominican residents, far away from the beach, 9km to Cabeza de Toro beach, 7 km to Bavaro beach.
Pueblo Bavaro is residential area that allows commercial stores inside (that is forbidden in Residential areas of Bavaro, or Punta Cana), that means that you can have stores close, or other services.
5 km to new shopping Mall San Juan.
In any case you do need a car in Punta Cana, and in Pueblo Bavaro.
One bedroom apartments starting from 35K, two bedrooms 50-80K, individual homes around 150K.
El Cortecito, to compare, that is 500 meters from the Bavaro beach, one bedroom 60-80K, two bedrooms 90-140K.

Overcrowded? Have you actually been here? It's like a ghost town.

It is far from the Bavaro beaches but for me that's a non-issue as they're awful anyway. Too crowded and full of tourists. Playa Juanillo is by far my choice and if I want to mix with the locals it's El Macao.

The OP hasn't indicated what it is he's looking for so it's hard to determine if Pueblo Bavaro would be suitable.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I am looking for something away from the hustle and bustle of Santo Domingo. I took a quick look at the project and it looked nice but I know that with time a lot of Dominican projects go down hill very quickly. The fact that they allow stores sounds problematic.
I am looking for a nice place to relax and live a simpler life. To me Santo Domingo is more complicated than living in Miami and the whole point of coming back is to simplify. I will check out Cortecito next time I am back. I know people say that that it is expensive in Punta Cana but I think I can save money over living in SD and trying to keep up with the Jones. We will see, just looking at all my options. What other complexes or projects would you recommend in Bavaro max for a 2 bedroom would be 135k

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't see Pueblo bavaro overcrowded, and a ghosttown neither.
it grew up a lot the last Years and is nice quiet.
close to the Airport, close to Veron, Macao Beach inreasonable Range, they have a Top School Calasanz right there in case You have Children, for small shopping you will find all on Site, with the planned shopping Centers at Cruze Coco Loco and Punta Cana Village to open soon all shopping is in the 5 and 15 minutes driving range, it is not "Sankie Town" as Locally the Cortecito area is named, not a 50 speedbumps per mile to Hit when leaving the House.
where ever in the PC/Bavaro Area You want to live You will need a car, nothing is very Far but nothing is really close to an other neither.
as Milosh stated above the Cortecito Area costs around Twice the Price,
Cortecito is IMHO by far not worth that.
the only One I like in the Cortecito Area would be Los Corales, nice Beach there.

take a couple of Weeks and Rent a property in the Area to get a Feeling.

Mike