Newbie to All-Inclusive (Dining questions)

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
So, my main draw to all-inclusive is that I'll be able to eat at any restaurant I want (without having to pay for it, as I presumably already have). But, I must admit that I am not used to all-inclusive, or even much restaurant dining at all. I never really dated much in NYC, so I don't make much restaurant trips. In Tokyo, the tip is already included, and "no-tipping" is actually strongly suggested.

1.) In DR, is it expected that I give tips to the waiters even in all-inclusive restaurants?

2.) How free am I to get my money's worth. I wouldn't want to be wasteful, but could I literally go to 1 restaurant for breakfast at 10am, eat some pancakes, and then go to a completely different restaurant at 10:45am just to eat a beef sandwich, and then go back to the first restaurant at 12 Noon for a full meal? I know its a very unrealistic and strange hypothetical, but could I actually do it without having to spend any extra money than what my original cost for AI was?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
So, my main draw to all-inclusive is that I'll be able to eat at any restaurant I want (without having to pay for it, as I presumably already have). But, I must admit that I am not used to all-inclusive, or even much restaurant dining at all. I never really dated much in NYC, so I don't make much restaurant trips. In Tokyo, the tip is already included, and "no-tipping" is actually strongly suggested.

1.) In DR, is it expected that I give tips to the waiters even in all-inclusive restaurants?

2.) How free am I to get my money's worth. I wouldn't want to be wasteful, but could I literally go to 1 restaurant for breakfast at 10am, eat some pancakes, and then go to a completely different restaurant at 10:45am just to eat a beef sandwich, and then go back to the first restaurant at 12 Noon for a full meal? I know its a very unrealistic and strange hypothetical, but could I actually do it without having to spend any extra money than what my original cost for AI was?

Only tip at the end of trip if you are pleased with the service and yes you get to eat and drink all you want as it's...All inclusive as advertised with no extra fees for " trying to get your moneys worth "

Forget the top shelf liqor and prime rib however because at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
I always pay a tip when the service actually merits it, so at the end if everything goes good, then its no big issue. I just don't like how in the U.S. there is some sort of culture where a tip is expected even if the service is awful. I don't play that at all.

Not a big liquor drinker, but I'm sure the rum will find me.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Tip early in your week, the service and drinks will come faster and better. A few dollars here and there will be appreciated.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
thats pretty cheap...lol you are only there for two nights....take a bag and fill it with food from the buffet for the rest of the week

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Well, I will spend like 2-3 nights at my father's home en la Capital, then about 2 nights in Punta Cana, then about 3 nights in NYC, then this girl has to go back to Japan.

The thing is that she's interested in beaches and perhapas other amenities. I am mostly interested in the food. I have been pretty restrictive w/ my diet as of late, and I'm looking to use this as an excuse to pig out.