Posted on behalf of someone I know who will read this

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Posted on behalf of someone I know who will read this:

Dear Dr. Badpiece,

I recently moved to the DR to be with my novia. When I'm with her, I feel like I'm in heaven. I wish I had done this years ago. She is a good girl. I know this because I met her in front of a school in Sosua, where she was picking up her brother's kids. There is a 40 year age difference between us, but I understand that that is normal in the DR.

I found a place to rent in Sosua, near where she currently lives. I intend to ask her to live with me once I get settled in. This will be the first time that we will spend more than 2 weeks at a time together. Where she lives now is just horrible, so I know she will be glad to live with me. Currently, she lives with her brother and his 4 kids. I have met them, so I know she is telling me the truth.

They are so poor and I have tried to help as much as I can. For example, I helped her when her brother's motorcycle was stolen, and again when her youngest child was sick. But I can do so much more for her once I am there.

So, here is my question.

She wants me to let her pick out all of the furnishings for the apartment. All I have to do is give her the money, and she will do all the purchasing in her name. I can go along with her to make sure that the money is spent exactly like she says. And I feel like she could be a big asset to me. Plus, since I don't speak Spanish, she said that that way I will be able to get the local prices. She is so thoughtful ... she doesn't want to see anyone rip me off. She is not like any of the other girls there. She is so different!

Is this a good idea? Is this how it's done in the DR?

Looking forward to your reply,

Anonymous

Posted on behalf of someone I know who will read this:

Dear Dr. Badpiece,

I recently moved to the DR to be with my novia. When I'm with her, I feel like I'm in heaven. I wish I had done this years ago. She is a good girl. I know this because I met her in front of a school in Sosua, where she was picking up her brother's kids. There is a 40 year age difference between us, but I understand that that is normal in the DR.

I found a place to rent in Sosua, near where she currently lives. I intend to ask her to live with me once I get settled in. This will be the first time that we will spend more than 2 weeks at a time together. Where she lives now is just horrible, so I know she will be glad to live with me. Currently, she lives with her brother and his 4 kids. I have met them, so I know she is telling me the truth.

They are so poor and I have tried to help as much as I can. For example, I helped her when her brother's motorcycle was stolen, and again when her youngest child was sick. But I can do so much more for her once I am there.

So, here is my question.

She wants me to let her pick out all of the furnishings for the apartment. All I have to do is give her the money, and she will do all the purchasing in her name. I can go along with her to make sure that the money is spent exactly like she says. And I feel like she could be a big asset to me. Plus, since I don't speak Spanish, she said that that way I will be able to get the local prices. She is so thoughtful ... she doesn't want to see anyone rip me off. She is not like any of the other girls there. She is so different!

Is this a good idea? Is this how it's done in the DR?

Looking forward to your reply,

Anonymous

Major your friend is being played big time, Her brother is ac tually her husband I gurantee that because you never see a man bring up kids down here unless something tragic happened to his wife. So your buddy is going to rent a house and furnish it for the happy couple and all he has to do is move out everytime your friend comes to Sosua. Very sad but to all you guys out there remember this one phrase " Listen you don't understand, she is differeent" Once you here that phrase your friend will not listen to anything you do or say to change his mind, all you can do is be there to help him back to his feet after the disaster.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Why can't ppl post real questions, LOL

M.A.R., these ARE real questions. That's why we need the advice of Dr. Badpiece.

He knows and can give advice without being hyper-critical or judgmental.

The DR is a topsy-turvy place, and many tourists/foreigners have trouble navigating this minefield. Who better to help posters walk on such dangerous terrain than someone who has as much experience as the good doctor?

CLEGALBAP

Mar 24, 2006
do not give up money go check the place out and spend the money yourself try to live down there on your own and explore other women if you like plus see how you are treated without being mr. money bags dr can be funky

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Major your friend is being played big time, Her brother is ac tually her husband I gurantee that because you never see a man bring up kids down here unless something tragic happened to his wife. So your buddy is going to rent a house and furnish it for the happy couple and all he has to do is move out everytime your friend comes to Sosua. Very sad but to all you guys out there remember this one phrase " Listen you don't understand, she is differeent" Once you here that phrase your friend will not listen to anything you do or say to change his mind, all you can do is be there to help him back to his feet after the disaster.

He said "Thanks for the information". Always helps to have a third party opinion. But, I think you're right. He will require a lot more work. He is acting too much like the "typical enchanted tourist". And it's so sad to see a grown man completely lose his mind like that.

Also, I advised him not to allow all of those purchases to be in "her" name, if at all possible. We all know what will happen when "she" decides to kick "him" out of "his" apartment.

Thanks,

Major ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
With the good doctor's permission I will translate a famous Dominican saying (quite crude but dead on): "One puss* hair can pull harder than a pair of oxen." (Un pelo e' toto, jala ma' que una yunta de bueyes")

I think the poor guy has never had it so good and he is being played royally...as indicated by Dr. Badpiece. In the U.S. vernaculat it is called being **ssy whipped....

Poor soul,

HB

Reactions: Berzin
He said "Thanks for the information". Always helps to have a third party opinion. But, I think you're right. He will require a lot more work. He is acting too much like the "typical enchanted tourist". And it's so sad to see a grown man completely lose his mind like that.

Also, I advised him not to allow all of those purchases to be in "her" name, if at all possible. We all know what will happen when "she" decides to kick "him" out of "his" apartment.

Thanks,

Major ;)

Major have your friend ask to see the cedula of the so called brother and of his princess and I bet they are not even close to being the same or even from the same town, how will he explain that away.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
"ask to see the cedula of the so called brother and of his princess" now that is the kind of info that can make DR bad piece very useful to all. Great idea the reality of spinning a web of lies is you are bound to get caught up in your own web. keep them coming DR.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Major have your friend ask to see the cedula of the so called brother and of his princess and I bet they are not even close to being the same or even from the same town, how will he explain that away.

Excellent point!!! That way (among other info) he can also see her real name, and her real age.

Feb 7, 2007
"ask to see the cedula of the so called brother and of his princess" now that is the kind of info that can make DR bad piece very useful to all. Great idea the reality of spinning a web of lies is you are bound to get caught up in your own web. keep them coming DR.

Yep, unless he is half-brother of a different father or mother or whatever or not declared or declared by aunt ... the excuses can be handful. Seen that.

LOS22

Oct 29, 2010
I hope you have deep pockets because this is just the tip of the iceburg. Just be cautious my friend.