Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal w/ booking ahead of time and unpredictable weather?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you deal w/ booking ahead of time and unpredictable weather?

Anyone else ever hesitant about booking hotels and resorts because you fear that when you arrive in the DR that the rain will prevent you from enjoying the "beautiful caribbean weather"?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRBounce View Post
    Anyone else ever hesitant about booking hotels and resorts because you fear that when you arrive in the DR that the rain will prevent you from enjoying the "beautiful caribbean weather"?
    Just go, it is beautiful every day!
    What is the worst that might happen, you read a few good books, and come home pale and relaxed? I can think a few alternative rainy day activities, but this is a family board. Your posts are all over the place, just buy a ticket and post a trip report already.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

booked 1st 2 weeks last year in january
    10 of the 14 days rained
    was enough clear periods in the day that i still got out and enjoyed myself
    mother nature will not always go along with your plans
    so don't wait for her to decide for you to have a good time

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

you have to take what you get.......

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

For a winter visitor, full sun all day every day can create some sore skin...... then you need to sit out a day or two.

Cloud cover some of the day.... a rain shower or two here and there is what keeps things green and cools you off.

Can't argue with Mother Nature

WW

Post Thanks / Like

This is the tropics, right? While sunny days are great for a day or two....that sunburn and threat of skin cancer should wake people up!

I just got back from a few hours in Punta Rucia. A photo shoot for a local magazine.
    Today was over cast, with a gorgeous breeze and a wonderful temp. Then the sun came out for a couple of hours, stiffened the breeze and then went away...a perfectly gorgeous day...

Last night the sound of the waves was hypnotizing..

Ahhhh.....what a relax...

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

As a general proposition, I agree with everyone who has posted. However, I make it a point not to arrange my visits during hurricane season. Rain isn't a problem. Hurricanes, well, that's something a tad bit different.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    Your posts are all over the place, just buy a ticket and post a trip report already.
    You are right about that. I guess its mainly cuz I'm taking my girl and this will be her first time in the country. Add to that the fact that I don't really have that much money, and you can see my concern. If it was like me by myself then I could care less, I'd just go eat mangos, drink, and enjoy the views. The trip is still on regardless. I was just hesitant of booking a damn resort hotel as well (separate from the flight), which per my original plans would only have me staying for 2 days. If those 2 days had bad weather, then that would be an Epic Fail for me. I think I will end up just going to my father's home in Santo Domingo, stay there as my base, and then go to some other city nearby from there.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by woofsback View Post
    booked 1st 2 weeks last year in january
    10 of the 14 days rained
    was enough clear periods in the day that i still got out and enjoyed myself
    mother nature will not always go along with your plans
    so don't wait for her to decide for you to have a good time
    Same thing happened to me last year during the same period. It was OK because I was there for a month, but I am not sure I would go to the DR in January again if I had a choice.

As a tourist, I don't see the point of traveling to a beach town (where there is nothing to do besides the beach) and staying indoor

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would stay home if I didnt have much money, its what we used to do in olden days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast