A few questions

uksurfer

Nov 15, 2010
Hey guys,

Dont know if this is the right place to post but hey i'll have a shot see if anyone can help. My girlfriends sister has recently married a guy from the DR, but are having a few problems. He has a child out there and wants to bring him over. He has gone out to sort out the papers or so he says. He has been over there before trying to sort this out but 'other' things keep getting in the way, for example he has been hit twice but a car and has been taken to hosptial twice for it. How many days roughly should someone in the DR be kept in hospital if say they have broken a small bone? Another thing is he was 'arrested' for assualt, and was kept in jail for a week is this norma? and now he needs papers from the police to be let out of the DR to come back here is that right? thanks for any help. Pete

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Public hospitals are production lines here. A broken bone, I would expect him to be out straight away, a few hours to get reset and plastered then kicked out, never ever days, possibly if he broke his neck or back he would be held until a transfer could be arranged.
Arrested for assault, they are held for a maximum of 3 days to give the family time to pay the fine, very rarly more than 2000 pesos, if it wasn't assault on the police I'd imagine less, but would get a good kicking.
To have his child allowed out of the country he will have to have the mothers permission, record he is the father, many men are not registered parents here, a lot of this will depend on how close and how nice he got on with the mother, also if she can see further than her own benefit. If they don't get on and he has an assault record then don't count on anything being easy u less she is an abusive mother.
Papers to get out of the country? I am unsure what this means, he could need updated papers to get ack into the US if his crimes were serious enough.
Sounds like she married a real prince charming.

May 29, 2006
Gee, how much did he need for the "hospital bills?" Just a guess that all of his "problems" needed cash from the UK to fix.

He isn't coming back to the UK. He's just taking her for money until the well runs dry. For all you know, he may have a couple more "wives" out there-- some of them maybe Dominican.

He wouldn't happen to be five to ten years younger than his wife, would he? They met while she was on vacation(less than a year ago) and he seemed SO romantic...

Send her this clip:
sankies 101

uksurfer

Nov 15, 2010
Thanks guys,

Yeah all sounds funny, he came over here about 6 months ago, they got married here and then he had to leave a few days later to sort out all this stuff with his kid, he has been over there now for 5 weeks, he got arrested for assualting his girlfriend (the kids mother) dont know why he would have made that up. The girlfriend's aunt then died and she went to the otherside opf the island so they coudnt meet up for 2 weeks, then he missed his flight and they only fly once a week and he is 3 hours from nearest airport, dont know what to believe, have read before about these 'sankies' you just hope in the back of your mind he is not.

May 29, 2006
I think your GF's sister needs to talk to a lawyer about getting the marriage annulled ASAP. If they were only married for a few days before he left the country, it may be easier.

I met a woman in the DR who had been taken for over $10,000 US in just over a month. She had to get money wired to her from the UK just to get a plane ticket home.