Rocky's Charity Thanksgiving Feast!

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Hi Folks,

We are planning our annual Thanksgiving charity feast again this year. It will be held from 3 PM to 7 PM Thursday November 25th. The menu will be the same as past years which includes Roast Butterball turkeys, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, assorted vegetables, deserts, etc.

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION"

ALL profits go to purchase many of the gifts Rocky's gives away each and every year to the local Dominican children here on the North Coast on New Year?s Eve that normally get nothing for the Christmas season.

This feast is really the start of our New Years Eve toy drive and I hope many of you can attend. The cost for the feast is only 499 pesos per person. Unfortunately we need to limit the number of attendees to 60 so get your name on the list as soon as you can.

I want to personally thank Robert for allowing us to post this very special event to the run up for the Christmas and New Year?s season. Many Dominican children benefit from your support of the very worthwhile cause.

Rick

Reactions: Celt202

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Yeah, it's back. Please put my name on the list. Thank you Robert for allowing this back; it sure is a worthy cause. For the first time last year I went with the crew to give out presents. Words can't express the difference it makes to the children.

Mar 2, 2008
Add 2 more, Rick.

This is a wonderful way to enjoy the holiday season while helping to spread a little happiness and goodwill. Thanksgiving in its truest form.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
So, assume this is our opportunity to post a new list and then others can cut and paste existing list and add their own names below but they better be quick if there are only 60 places up for grabs. Not only do we all get to enjoy a luscious Thanksgiving meal at Rocky's but also know we are contributing to the gifts for the children at Christmastime - what a lovely gesture.

Attendance list so far: (can't remember all from previously so please re-add names as appropriate).

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
add me + 1 order to take home =2

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Mike l (plus 1 to take out)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bronxboy

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
add me + 1 order to take home =2

OK Mike, you both are on the list LOL. The total now stands at 27 confirmed attendees. Please cut and paste the list and add your name to the bottom. Remember, we are limiting this years event to 60 people and profits go to buying gifts for the less fortunate children here on the North Coast that would normally not receive anything for Christmas. Hope to see you here.

Take care,

Rick

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Robert (Not the DR1 Robert)
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
Mr. Happy
William
Mike (2)

Mar 2, 2008
LOL. Thank you, Mike. I'll gladly reimburse you for the ingredients, including bringing back a bag of lemons the next time I travel north.

BradM

Sep 6, 2007
OK, better add me, and I'm hungry so I'll take 2, and the 2nd isn't for take-out.

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
Mr. Happy
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)

Reactions: Dafishguy

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
OK folks, we are now 1/2 way to our 60 spots with 30 confirmed people and only a little more then a week to go. It is going to be a great feast and a heck of a good time.

Rick

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
Mr. Happy
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
OK folks, we are now 1/2 way to our 60 spots with 30 confirmed people and only a little more then a week to go. It is going to be a great feast and a heck of a good time.

Rick

Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
Mr. Happy
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany

Ted (the unemployed bartender)

Mar 2, 2008
Drro
Catcher +1
belgiank and Acira
whirleybird
Gary
Peter
Jimmy (2)
George & Linda
Hoseman (2)
DRCowboy
Daddyooo
Ben
Jim (2)
Larry
Mr. Happy
William
Mike (2)
BradM (2, a real feast)
Dany
Ted

Looks like 31 now, and counting.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone. It will be a great time. Can't wait!