The Zip Codes are coming! The Zip Codes are coming!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Postal Code

Is the set of numbers or letters and numbers that describe the geographic location of a town or postal office, translating his name into a key. It is based on a numerical code for external use 5 digit double reading or interpretation thereof. Each digit has a specific function and are in the service of identification and classification of postal items. The interpretation of the code and the functions of each digit is made from left to right.

For areas outside the capital:
Codigo Postal Regiones

For areas in the capital:
Codigo Postal SDomingo

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Sorry, but I don't see anything new there.

Did they add some additional zip codes?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you can use them to fill in forms on line - some ask for a zip codes before you can continue - I had previously been using my old uk code for registering for various sites

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
yes. they have been listed for years.
the only times i have ever used mine are for those online forms. one even did some kind of cross reference check and "agreed" the number i put in was correct.

May 29, 2006
They should start fresh and use something that uses GPS/GIS technologies. It works for pizza/taxi drivers.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Now only if there were actual mailmen, I'd even take Newman....Newman!!

Hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing: I have seen the Post Office in Santiago but never seen any mailmen. What a way to dole out patronage jobs I dont see why they didnt think of it?

I posted this because I saw a commercial last night that made it sound like it was big news but the plan is doomed to failure not because no one uses them but because evn if they did, there is no real coherent plan to numbering of houses or even naming of streets in Santiago. In Porto Plata everything is labeled, with green street signs and in numeral order but in Santiago its like you have to have been born here to know a little. And trust me, the people who are born here dont even know that much about this city apart from where they live.