Affordable, yet good quality women's shopping?

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Where can I find cheap women's clothing in the DR? Any suggestions for jeans, blouse, lingerie, etc. I know Santo Domingo is not as cheap as alot of Americans think, but I am sure that it's cheaper than alot of places in NYC and most places in Tokyo.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If you are looking for good branded clothing then it is very expensive, double the price of the UK, I presume NY is much cheaper than the UK as Brits go on shopping weekends to NY. If you want cheap jeans and jackets etc then you can find stuff cheaply all over the place, from more expensive places like acropolis to the large supermarkets.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Where can I find cheap women's clothing in the DR? Any suggestions for jeans, blouse, lingerie, etc. I know Santo Domingo is not as cheap as alot of Americans think, but I am sure that it's cheaper than alot of places in NYC and most places in Tokyo.
Try Pedernales or Dajabon on Market Day.

I'm sure you'll find cheap women's clothing...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In Santo Domingo

Plaza Lama - cheap
Sederias California - Better selection than Plaza Lama, a little better quality
Plaza Central- ranges from cheap to expensive, but better for variety and comparison

Don't know about other cities

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
I think Bob may have hit the nail on what I was looking for. The thing is that I live in Jackson Heights in Queens, NYC and that is pretty damn cheap. But, the places in the place before mine may be worth checking out.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Mega Moda and Tienda Himenez in Puerto Plata, nice 2 shops, located close by each other. Mega Moda lil bit more expensive and has nicer stuff (for example dress i bought for 1800 peso, skirt 600, t-shirt 300), Himenez is nice big shop with lot of stuff too, for bit lower budget. Like clothes for everyday wear and tear.
Everyone knows in PP where they are located, so just drive and ask.