AMET warning to invisible phone users..

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
Morning all...

Just thought I'd better post a warning for you invisible phone users out there, AMET are on the tail..

I was just innocently passing through Santo Domingo on my invisible phone, and AMET pull me over to the side of the road. Little grumpy chubby lass tells me she saw me talking on the phone and needs my licence, insurance and registration.

Now obviously, I know its my invisible phone so I play stupid and say to her,"but miss, I wasn't on the phone..."

"No sir, I saw you clearly on the phone as you came down the street."

"No really Ms AMET, I WASN'T on the phone." (While she starts to write the ticket, taking down the plate of the car and so forth)

I obviously now get out of the car, begin to argue and insist that I wasn't visibly on a phone, and invite Ms AMET to search me and the whole car for a phone. (knowing that she wont find my invisible phone)

She stops, thinks for a second, takes a peek around the car and at me, and given my perfect demeanour (i'm a good liar), she says she's going to cut me a break and let me go...

Good job I left my visible phone in the office today or I could have been in trouble.

So for the rest of you invisible phone users, or I suppose any driver just driving innocently (not using a phone) through the streets with a cellphone in your car, beware...its even easier for you to get a ticket these days...

Jul 4, 2010
I was also caught talking on an 'invisible phone'. However, I was told that another AMET had seen me and called through his walkie-talkie to have me stopped at the end of town. My argument was simple: I was a very law-abiding citizen, never had a traffic ticket issued in my life, and my cell phone was neatly tucked away in my vest pocket. Then I handed over an expired US drivers license. The AMET officer walked behind my SUV, talked with someone at the other end of his walkie-talkie, and returned to say he was sorry, ushering me away.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Good job I left my visible phone in the office today or I could have been in trouble.
So for the rest of you invisible phone users, or I suppose any driver just driving innocently (not using a phone) through the streets with a cellphone in your car, beware...its even easier for you to get a ticket these days...

Not to worry...they can't see me in my invisible car....
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

B in Santiago

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

Not to worry...they can't see me in my invisible car....
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

B in Santiago

Just wondering if Amet became invisible and were able to see you driving your invisible car while talking in your invisible cel phone do they have the authority to give you an invisible ticket and would you have to go to an invisible bank to pay it or could you just go to banco de Reservas.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I was also caught talking on an 'invisible phone'. However, I was told that another AMET had seen me and called through his walkie-talkie to have me stopped at the end of town. My argument was simple: I was a very law-abiding citizen, never had a traffic ticket issued in my life, and my cell phone was neatly tucked away in my vest pocket. Then I handed over an expired US drivers license. The AMET officer walked behind my SUV, talked with someone at the other end of his walkie-talkie, and returned to say he was sorry, ushering me away.

I've always found the best way to deal with AMET is by way of my not only invisible, but also inaudible Spanish.

A bright smile and "Good morning, I'm terribly sorry, I don't speak any Spanish" has always resulted in the wave on for me.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Actually must have been the same AMET officer who gave me a ticket for runniing an invisible red light ;)

Oh and "i dont speak spanish thing. My wife tried it and the cop read her the riot act for not speaking spanish and gave her the ticket for talking on her real phone anyway.

Bob K

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Just wondering if Amet became invisible and were able to see you driving your invisible car while talking in your invisible cel phone do they have the authority to give you an invisible ticket and would you have to go to an invisible bank to pay it or could you just go to banco de Reservas.

... and the car was being driven by the Invisible Man!