Mid-price to cheap Malecon night spot

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
This picture looks pretty cool: http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/3415848.jpg

but I'll probably have my father with us for this particular date, and Adrian Tropical may be out of his price range. I mean, I would offer to pay for it all, but you know how these old hard-headed Dominicans are. He may not want to eat anywhere mildly "showy". What's a mid-level to cheap place with comfortable seats by the malecon where my girl, my father, my aunt, and myself can get some beers and fish or sandwiches.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This picture looks pretty cool: http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/3415848.jpg

but I'll probably have my father with us for this particular date, and Adrian Tropical may be out of his price range. I mean, I would offer to pay for it all, but you know how these old hard-headed Dominicans are. He may not want to eat anywhere mildly "showy". What's a mid-level to cheap place with comfortable seats by the malecon where my girl, my father, my aunt, and myself can get some beers and fish or sandwiches.

New Jersey Parrilla is one block up from the malecon on Fabio Fiallo. Basic plastic tables and chairs on the sidewalk but as Domincan tipico as can be. They have sandwiches, grilled chicken, grilled steak, mixed meat platter and all very good. The stand is right outside of a colmado with big screen TV. Most diners will either be playing dominoes or watching the TV.

Nothing fancy but I think your father would enjoy this place. I know I do.

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks, I still want to see the water though. This place you described though sounds like I'd be outside of a regular bodega. Am I wrong in assuming this?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks, I still want to see the water though. This place you described though sounds like I'd be outside of a regular bodega. Am I wrong in assuming this?

If you want to be near the water how about one of the food stands in the plaza? There are also a few small restaurants a few blocks east of the oblisk.

You may like this one...........

Parrillada Malecon 7
This out of doors cafe is a great place to have a meal or just have a few drinks and watch the sea. They serve typical Dominican dishes, Sea food, Grilled Steaks and much more. It is enjoyable when a traveling group of musicians stroll by and play for you (don't forget to give them a tip for the song and if you don't want them to sing for you just shake your head no and look away).
Location: Malecon (the road that runs along the sea) #7. Near to calle 19 de Marzo, Colonial Zone

Bars Restaurants Colonial Zone Santo Domingo 4

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
If you want to be near the water how about one of the food stands in the plaza? There are also a few small restaurants a few blocks east of the oblisk.

You may like this one...........

Parrillada Malecon 7
This out of doors cafe is a great place to have a meal or just have a few drinks and watch the sea. They serve typical Dominican dishes, Sea food, Grilled Steaks and much more. It is enjoyable when a traveling group of musicians stroll by and play for you (don't forget to give them a tip for the song and if you don't want them to sing for you just shake your head no and look away).
Location: Malecon (the road that runs along the sea) #7. Near to calle 19 de Marzo, Colonial Zone

Bars Restaurants Colonial Zone Santo Domingo 4

Or on the same stretch, just a little west of la Parillada Malecon 7, there's La Parilla d'Luis