Delivery of a car rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Mar 5, 2002
Hello, I would like to rent a car for just 2-3 days while I am staying at a hotel in Cofresi. I have already purchased airport transfers from my hotel and would rather rent the car during the middle of my stay anyways. Does anyone know if car rentals would deliver a car to the hotel I am staying at? Obviously I would like to get one of the inexpensive deals offered thru Hotwire or Orbitz but they are all from the airport. Or is there any cheaper places maybe right on Puerto Plata where I could take a taxi too?

Thanks!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You canhave anything delivered in this country.

I am sure you will get a constructive response shortly, sorry for the babble.

tio tambo'

PS: I am sure you can get to six posts by 2018;)

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
When you get to Cofresi, directly across the street from the main security gate into Hacienda/Lifestyles is a fenced-in area where there are usually a few people hanging around, outside or inside the fenced area. Ask for Mariano Hurtado of Rent Motor Aljoga. He may or may not be there, but someone will call him for you if he isn't there at that moment. The gate-keeper guys at Hacienda will know him as well. He will be able to rent you a car for a day, a few days...whatever you need. Set things up with him a couple of days prior to when you will want a car.

If you want his phone number or my info as a reference for Mariano, PM me. I've known him for a long time and he's an honest guy. His English is passable if you don't speak Spanish.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Rental Car Company

There is a company in Cabarate called Universal Car Rental. I have dealt with them for over 10 years. They will meet you at the airport with the vehicle and give you a price. Go online to Cars Rent Dominican Republic.

S

jazz

Mar 5, 2002
Hi again,

Well, actually Festero I don't want a car at the airport. That would be no problem. I am trying to find someone who would bring a car to my resort. I only need a car for 2-3 days during my 6 day stay. But I don't want to have to spend money on a taxi to go and get it if I don't have to. Maybe Universal will do that? I did try to send them an email. I am awaiting a reply.

Thanks

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Huh?

Well actually, jazz, I didn't mention anything about getting a car at the airport.

You may want to re-read my post. It offers an idea for getting a car IN COFRESI, WHERE YOU SAID YOU WILL BE STAYING. No idea how it could get any more convenient for you than that.

jazz

Mar 5, 2002
LTSteve...I have been in touch with Universal and they said they can make all the arrangements for me and rates are very reasonable. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.