Taxi from puerto plata to cofresi

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Will be arriving in Puerto Plata from Santo Domingo via Caribe Tours around 2pm. Please can anybody tell me if there will be taxis where we get off the bus and what price should we expect to pay from Puerto Plata to Lifesyle Resort in Cofresi.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Reactions: mike l
Jan 17, 2009
If you're riding Caribe Tours, you can ask the driver to stop in Cofresi.

Oops, forgot to say, that ONLY Caribe Tours stops (just in case you decide later to ride Metro instead).

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm also interested in knowing what the taxi charge is from POP to Cofresi. Some family members will be staying at a hotel there in early December and I want to go there one of those days to visit them. I'll take the publico from Sosua to POP and thinking of taking a taxi from there to the hotel.

What is the price, anybody know?

If the OP does get off Caribe Tours at the Cofresi stopping place, as has been suggested by previous poster, how far will he have to go with his luggage to get to the hotel and what would be his options beside motorcycle?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
That's great, will be riding Caribe Tours.
Thank you very much for your advice.

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
Caribe Tours does not stop at Cofresi. If you can get the bus driver to stop, he will not be able to open the luggage compartment.
The best advise is to stay on the bus to the terminal and look for a taxi. Actually you don't need to look for a taxi because the drivers will be looking for you.
You should be able to negociate a rate of about RD$300.
Naturally, as you are new to the area, you will probaly get a quote of twice that, but RD$300 is about the going rate
H

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
We will have small portable luggage, maybe we can take this on the coach. If not we shall get the taxi.
Thank you all, information greatly appreciated.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
No they will say 1000.00 pesos esp if you are a fresh face one tried it with me two weeks ago.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Caribe Tours does not stop at Cofresi. If you can get the bus driver to stop, he will not be able to open the luggage compartment.
The best advise is to stay on the bus to the terminal and look for a taxi. Actually you don't need to look for a taxi because the drivers will be looking for you.
You should be able to negociate a rate of about RD$300.
Naturally, as you are new to the area, you will probaly get a quote of twice that, but RD$300 is about the going rate
H

Thanks for letting me know the going rate. I am accustomed to dealing with publico, taxi and guaguas, but I like to know the going rate before doing so.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
going price from POP to costambar is 200-250 pesos, cofresi is a bit further so no more than 300, as said before.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Thanks again for all the advice, very helpful.
If we are able to get of the bus at entrance to Cofresi, would we be able to walk to Lifestyle Resort. Motoconcho not realy an option, travelling with 70 year old mother in-law.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.