Lodging in the POP area (Sosua, Cabarete or Puerto Plata)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
Was thinking to come here with a friend in january.

I know I read about some places a year ago or so...or maybe there are new ones.

We would like a cheap but clean place to stay.

In Sosua I know about places like Rocky's bar, Hotel Europa.

In Puerto Plata I know about Hotel Victoriano and Castillo de ambar.

We would mostly like to stay in Sosua I think. That feels fairly good in the centre of things and has a lovely beach.

Puerto Plata could be good also...and maybe Cabarete.

Thankful for any other suggestions for similar places to stay...

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
Hotel Tropix

I stayed at hotel tropix for a couple weeks. depending on what you're looking for it could be a good option!
price, location, staff were all great! i would definitely go back for a short trip, or something longer. HOWEVER, they don't have a tv in the rooms lol. didn't bother me too much, but just a heads up on that!

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
Ok...thanks a lot you both.

Seems my friend booked rooms for us through the chartering hotel...but I'm probably gonna get bored to sleep with the tourists...and it is probably nice to sleep at some other place than Cabarete some time...so please keep it coming.

Just returned from Colombia, Cartagena now...but had some bad experiences there...so have big hopes that my favourite vacation country #1 will make me happy now again :)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ok...thanks a lot you both.

Seems my friend booked rooms for us through the chartering hotel...but I'm probably gonna get bored to sleep with the tourists...and it is probably nice to sleep at some other place than Cabarete some time...so please keep it coming.

Just returned from Colombia, Cartagena now...but had some bad experiences there...so have big hopes that my favourite vacation country #1 will make me happy now again :)

Let's see you have been a member here for three years and it is your favourite country, and you have not yet figured out how to rent......oh never mind....Happy Festivus!

Status
Not open for further replies.