Thanksgiving

baby bori

May 18, 2010
Will pecan pie be served throughout certain parts of the DR for Dominican Thanksgiving Day???

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you are going to continue to brag about that you definitely should consider making more then two :bunny: ;)

I only bought 2 pans for the shells so if more people are interested then say so now.

I spent $60 U.S. just to buy the proper tools to make these so they are perfect.

The ingridentents do not cost much

Measuring spoons.

2 nonstick pie pans.

Spatula and wooden spoons , and a pot that can make a custard no matter how tart and at what temperature.

Not to mention that for every lemon I put in the pie is one less for my glass!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I only bought 2 pans for the shells so if more people are interested then say so now.

I spent $60 U.S. just to buy the proper tools to make these so they are perfect.

The ingridentents do not cost much

Measuring spoons.

2 nonstick pie pans.

Spatula and wooden spoons , and a pot that can make a custard no matter how tart and at what temperature.

Not to mention that for every lemon I put in the pie is one less for my glass!

Yes yes I know and truly appreciated the great gesture you are doing, but the loss will be compensated by Whirleybirds delicious lemons, I am sure ;)

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Yes yes I know and truly appreciated the great gesture you are doing, but the loss will be compensated by Whirleybirds delicious lemons, I am sure ;)

Did I forget to mention that I am also bringing some Earl Grey Tea to compliment this delecatable delicious dessert?

The DDD's

Last edited:

augustus

Dec 19, 2007

Does she have the yellow US lemons ? :bunny::bunny::bunny:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
When is a lemon not a lemon??

I am not too sure what a US lemon does that another lemon doesn't.... is an American lemon like a British lemon?

As stated my lemons are DDD (definitely different Dominican) lemons and, oddly enough, they taste just like other lemons!!!

For those who are intrigued, here is a pic of one of my lemons ;)

snp9vt.jpg

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
That looks to me like an expat lemon ... all bumpy and wrinkly from the sun.

They do look like a toad who kissed the wrong thing and turned into a lemon, instead of a prince, but I can vouch they taste exactly like Belgian lemons, which taste exactly like British lemons, which hopefully taste exactly like US lemons. :bunny::bunny: