Indian Restaurants in Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikramgopinath

Nov 24, 2010
Hi All,
Im indian and have been staying here in Santo Domingo since Aug 2010. I wanted to know if there are any restaurants here that serve indian food or may be south indian food. I know there is a large population of indian students here so was wondering if there were any restaurants as well.

Vikram Gopinath

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Hello Anastacio,

I am surprised to note that many people are looking for an Indian restaurants. I had told the same thing in the PM and I had invited him to my house to have a dinner. Because myself in fact craved for spicy indian food when I came here for the first time. I can cook very well the south Indian food. You are always welcome.

pfh3737

Jul 2, 2004
Hi Vikram,

I cannot be sure if you would term it to be strictly Indian but I can thoroughly recommend Tony's that can be found on 30 de Marzo about half way on the left as you go up.
It is stricly vegetarian and you cannot avoid the photographic decoration of some very famous Indian yogis.
If you are also into that kind of Indian tradition you might find this web site food for the mind rather than the body.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
There's a small place (Pica Pollo & Pakistani/Indian food) on Avenida Francia in Santo Domingo just across from one of the big Government "botellas". There are a couple hard-to-miss gun shops on the same side of the street as well. The owner is Pakistani I believe, so it may not be exactly what you're craving but I bet you'll find some familiar flavors & I'm sure she could/would make anything you asked for.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
There's a small place (Pica Pollo & Pakistani/Indian food) on Avenida Francia in Santo Domingo just across from one of the big Government "botellas". There are a couple hard-to-miss gun shops on the same side of the street as well. The owner is Pakistani I believe, so it may not be exactly what you're craving but I bet you'll find some familiar flavors & I'm sure she could/would make anything you asked for.

Yes the owner is Malik Rizwan and the eatery is Malaca Halal foods, something like that. You can get to eat rotis and curry and biriyani on the fridays. She is selling halal meat but this is not the one where he can get south Indian Vegetarian dishes.

Also I heard there is one in the 30 de marzo selling indian sweets, clothes like that. But I had never been there.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
I cook my own authentic indian curries. Most of the spices are now available here, apart from Garam Masala which I have never found, but you can make. These are the best recipe sites I have found.

The Curry House

Mamta's Kitchen

Curry Recipes, Curry recipe, Indian restaurant style curry recipes

Collection of finest and authentic Indian Recipes on the web

Matilda

Mat, You can get Garam Masala and other authentic Indo-Pak spices and Oriental products at the Asiatico supermarket in Santo Domingo on 27 de febrero just a couple of buildings after Privada on the north side going west.

Reactions: Celt202

pweidlich

Dec 13, 2010
There is a place called Chutney or Chutney's near the UASD, close to a Dominican restaurant called Morro con Coco but that is all I know. Haven't been there yet.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I'm ready for Indian food!!!!!! jeje

14j7mf7.jpg

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There are a few here and there, but they are spread out. Santo domingo has the most but indians/pakistanis are found in campos as well. I am in capital but I also live in santiago. My friend Jitu lives in cabarete and he is quite well known there. I have a feeling, many people think he is dominicans now. Hahahaha
AZB

punjabi

Jan 12, 2011
Need a Room for rent

Hi Guys,I have visa for dominican republic but i dont have anyone there.I need help could u guys tell me how much going to cost me for a room rent? How about jobs? Is there esy to find job? Thanks in advance.....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Unless they have moved since my last visit a few months ago, they are on the ground floor in Plaza Mayoral. The restaurant is tucked into the right-hand corner, and they have a bakery next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.