Christmas gift card ideas from the United States

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
My daughter just moved to Santo Domingo. Are there any gift cards that we can purchase in the US and have emailed to her that would work in the DR?
I thought about Amazon.com but would like any other suggestions. I don't want to pay for one and then find out that she cannot access it or use it.

I would love any helpful suggestions. Also, is a PO Box the best way to send her mail? How long does that usually take and would she have to pay on her end to receive a package?

Thank you for helping me!

Reactions: Lucille

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The ONLY reliable way for you to mail her anything is through a mail forwarder, such as EPS, CPS, Business Mail and so on..
Depending on her location these are easy and relatively painless ways to get your mail.

You send whatever it is to a drop in Miami or somewhere close and they get it to an offce close to where ever she might be. Believe me, it is the ONLY way.

Mail sent normally, might get here in four or five months, maybe!

The DR postal system must rank up there with the worst in the world.

HB

Reactions: Bronxboy

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If she has a Miami P.O.Box/courier account with one of the private mail forwarders in Santo Domingo like P.O. Box International, Mail Boxes Etc and several others, then she can use a gift voucher from Amazon or other online retailers. She will only have to pay whatever it costs to bring the merchandise over to the DR. Once the item has been received in Miami it takes about 3 working days to get to the DR. I usually receive stuff within 10 days.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Send Her Money,Using "Xoom.com"

She can pick up the "cash" in a few hours,or less, at a bank in the DR! No risk,no "shipping Charges",she can buy what she needs/wants.
$1000 US will cost you about $35.00,$200.00, costs $7.00.
Cris Colon
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
Thank you so much. I will look into xoom.com. I have never heard of this but will see if her bank is a part of it. There is so much I need to learn and I don't want to send anything that will just disappear or get there way later than I thought it would.