Rio San Juan

R

Roxanne

has anyone spent any time in Rio San Juan??? I was staying at Bahia Principe resort just outside of the town and was only able to go over once! I am going back to be with new friends that I met and wanted to get some more info about rio san juan. i know there is A hotel. apparently the first hotel when the tourist's started coming to Dominican - are there other hotels in that area??? I did have a chance to go down the Laguna Gri - Gri - very cool

any suggestions?? comments??? thanks!

roxanne

P

Prof. Tiberius Mineola

Re: Pleasant & worth it - Rio San Juan

I've visited Rio San Jaun twice. There are 2 small, pleasant hotels , sufficiently clean & with comfortable standards. It's a typical Dominican pueblo, with some beaches nearby. Most of the visitors are there for the weekend, mostly Dominicans, usually with families. The foreigners are mostly European. On the quiet side, most pleasantly so - compared to Puerto Plata or Sosua. I think it is well worth a weekend trip. Gasper Hernandez is a few miles away & pleasant. A nice, unpsoiled part of the RD! Enjoy

J

Joey

Last May I had a bad experience at Cheos in Rio San Jaun I recommend diners not eat there!

R

Royal you future husband

Hi roxanne

Don't listen to Joey. That his experience. If you liked it the first time, you will like it again. I have been there more than 20 times and worked there 2 times. Cabrera is also nice town, with hotel. Lots of beaches in that area, plus the nicest one is only 20 minutes away from Rio. It's called Playa Grande. Just be street smart like anywhere else in the world. Have fun enjoy it, if you want to take air only, then book a hotel on your arrival in Rio, you can do that with no problem.
Take a taxi to Sosua from the airport, then take the public buses that are every where (he might ask you to drive you at Rio himself expensive $60 or more canadian). Ask the price to Rio San Juan with the local transit $6 canadian. They will tell you. You might have to change buses or van once, maybe, depending on the driver's.
They might charge you an extra person because of your bags take up some place, but that is OK. They will pack as many people as possible, so be ready for a thight squeezzzzze.
I am going down myself in april 9 to 30. Going to see my house being finished in Cabrera.
See ya later
P.S. you can email me at royalking20@hotmail.com

J

Joey

How can you be such a biased idiot? My experience was bad and the best I can do is to pass it on to others for them to be AWARE!
My comment is not a slight of the country nor of the people. I think both are GREAT!!!! However when one gets ripped off, other unwary tourists should know about it!!!! This is what this page is all about. If you have a different opinion about this resturant then state it but DON'T PUT THE CONTRIBUTORS DOWN!!!!

R

Roxanne

wow...i take both sides of the coin. everyone has their own experience good or bad. i like the DR1 web site because i am able to ask a question, read through the comments, read other peoples questions and then compare it to my own experience and decide. i am always surprised when people get upset by the words that people use to express their opinion - arent we all using this web site for our own purposes?? to gather, seek information?
whatever the reason we use this method of communication we must remember that we are only sharing info and to let oneself become upset over it - frankly - is a waste of time.