iPhone question

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
If I bring my iPhone to the DR are there vendors that can unlock it so it can be used with a local service (preferably Orange)? Can this be done at a corporate store or would I have to find an expert hacker (Santo Domingo area)?

Reactions: waytogo

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
There are places all over that will do it for you, stores to stalls in places like plaza central.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
depends on what firmware and os you have installed in your iphone...and is it a iphone 4???If so,you will have to wait for unlock,as there is not one yet.
bob

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
you need to jailbreak then unlock.If you have the newest iphone and newest firmware then your SOL.What are your phone stats?You can probably do this yourself, if your a little tech savy.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Jailbreaking and unlocking your iPhone is not for the feint of heart. It has gotten relatively simple over the years (I've been jailbreaking/unlocking since 2007) but you still need to have fairly good technical skills and be able to understand just what it is you are doing.

One thing to bear in mind is that once you jailbreak/unlock, you have to be very careful about what updates you allow happen to your phone. As was stated earlier, if your iPhone has the most recent baseband/firmware, you are out of luck.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Here or there?

I've got an Apple 3g with 2.0.2 firmware. I intentionally did not upgrade to the newer firmware because I knew it would be more difficult to jailbreak/unlock. After watching a couple of do it yourself youtube videos I figured I better have someone else unlock it. The problem is in the US you can't take your iPhone into a store or kiosk for an unlock. I'm hoping they have the expertise in the DR.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I've got an Apple 3g with 2.0.2 firmware. I intentionally did not upgrade to the newer firmware because I knew it would be more difficult to jailbreak/unlock. After watching a couple of do it yourself youtube videos I figured I better have someone else unlock it. The problem is in the US you can't take your iPhone into a store or kiosk for an unlock. I'm hoping they have the expertise in the DR.

depending where you live,here in SD,the unlockers are all over the place...cost about 600 pesos...
bob

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
In your case i would upgrade to 4.0 software(google it).1 install in itunes by using shift/ctrl in windows.2 go to jailbreakmenow.com and slide bar.after reboot you phone is jailbroken.3 open cydia click on make my life easier(backs your ssh blobs )4.search for ultrasnow and and install to unlock.