Christmas In Sosua / Cabarete / POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
For many of us expats that have lived here, we are always interested in helping new comers to this Tropical Island Paradise !

Many of the local restaurants provide great traditonal holiday meals with deserts included.

For some reason we can't find Pumpkin Pie mix in a can so if you are coming to Sosua and can bring a can or two it would help the local charities with there holiday meals.

I will make the pumpkin pies but only for Christmas.

Aug 21, 2007
Pumpkin pie mix? Or do you need just canned pumpkin, Mike? It is easy to make pumpkin pie from the canned pumpkin, and I have seen that in Playero.

If you want the mix, stop and ask Alexandra at the City Market. She will do her best to stock anything you want.

Lindsey

Reactions: waytogo

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Pumpkin pie mix? Or do you need just canned pumpkin, Mike? It is easy to make pumpkin pie from the canned pumpkin, and I have seen that in Playero.

If you want the mix, stop and ask Alexandra at the City Market. She will do her best to stock anything you want.

Lindsey

The canned pumpkin comes in 2 varieties.

Canned pumpkin and canned pumkin pie mix with the difference being the allspice is already added.

The premixied in the can is easier and that's what i am looking for and if anyone brings any after christmas i will save it for next years charity thanksgiving dinner

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
nah :)
AA too expensive for just a 4hr flight especially with a stop over

West Jet for me
straight flight
goin nuts countin the days :rolleyes:

dr_dreamin

Jan 20, 2010
mike_l, if you get no joy getting pumpkin pie mix: I have the spices to add to canned pumpkin, or I could make you pie filling from scratch (assuming there's pumpkins available, of course). If you want to come to Cabarete, you would be more than welcome to use my facilities. (I have an electric mixer for meringue or whipped cream :)) Keep me in mind if other options don't work out.

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
mike_l, if you get no joy getting pumpkin pie mix: I have the spices to add to canned pumpkin, or I could make you pie filling from scratch (assuming there's pumpkins available, of course). If you want to come to Cabarete, you would be more than welcome to use my facilities. (I have an electric mixer for meringue or whipped cream :)) Keep me in mind if other options don't work out.

Thanks I will keep this in mind and just by posting this the playero might start stocking it as they are now selling St. Ive's products so someone reads this stuff

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks I will keep this in mind and just by posting this the playero might start stocking it as they are now selling St. Ive's products so someone reads this stuff

So tell them you want yellow lemons - they can buy them from Whirleybird!!!

I was shopping this week for our Thanksgiving dinner, and every time I saw bags of yellow lemons I thought of you!

AE

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Mike..have you ever tried using ayuma? It's pumpkin, DR style. I have an unopened jar of Allspice I would be happy to give you...especially for a slice or three of pie!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
So tell them you want yellow lemons - they can buy them from Whirleybird!!!

I was shopping this week for our Thanksgiving dinner, and every time I saw bags of yellow lemons I thought of you!

AE

Thanks, I tried Whirleybirds lemons and they are close in taste but not the same with Vodka Tonic.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike..have you ever tried using ayuma? It's pumpkin, DR style. I have an unopened jar of Allspice I would be happy to give you...especially for a slice or three of pie!

I will keep that in mind ...thanks

Worse case scenario is I can always order a can online

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007

Lindsey

Great news as Lindsey Kaufman is correct, and there are now once again several cans of Pumpkin Pie can mix at the playero in Sosua.

I will buy most of them tomorrow so that we all have pumpkin pie with our Roast Beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.