Masses in english

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Can anyone tell me if there is a catholic church in Santo Domingo that has a mass in english .Although I am Church of England, the services here in the capital are rather too happly clappy for me. Thanks in advance .

Reactions: Celt202

kdhalvarson

Nov 28, 2010
Not sure about Catholic, but Jehovah's Witnesses have english meetings, they are very good, they sing but are not overly clappy as you have put it.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
kipling - have you found the episcopal/anglican church in gazcue? the episcopals don't have a reputation of being happy clappy. i wish i could give you more info, but i don't have it, though i know a bunch of people here could give you the address if you ask about the Kellogg Library (which is sponsored by the church)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The Library uses a small room behind the church but it is independent of the church.

The Anglican/Episcopal church is on Av. Independencia, casi esquina Danae, in Gazcue.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
or YOU COULD GO OUT to Hig?ey and talk the Bishop into saying that day's Mass in English...He used to do this in the POP Golf Club every Sunday as I was about to tee off!! Good guy...and not so happy clappy....
Or, you could go to Saman? and talk tothe pastor of the AME Church there. They can do services in English--which you may or may not understand--- and they are a happy and somewhat clappy group...

HB

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Thanks and what a good idea to bribe a priest to say early mass in english ,,actually I live in Zona Colonial and although I speak good spanish I like to have the mass or eucharist in good english and I was most surprised that none of the many churches in zona colonial did not have even one mass in english . The area abounds with people from different countries .
Now I have been given the idea, I will follow up on it and report back