Thread: Paintball Cabarete

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Paintball Cabarete

There was a thread or two about paintball coming to Cabarete, but the threads seem to have "been disappeared".

I rode out to Playa Encuentro today & well, I'll just say I was extremely disappointed by what I saw. Whereas along the beach there used to be a natural setting with a few surf school shacks amongst the trees... now there's across the road from the surf school's a big ugly tall fence/screen with large blue artificial bags to provide 'cover'(?) to hide behind while playing.

I'm all for someone trying to provide additional entertainment around Cabarete... but good lord did they choose a horrible location for what is by necessity a pretty tacky & ugly setup. A shame, as it cheapens Playa Encuentro considerably to put something so artificial in a place that was largely one of nature.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah well, I believe the guy doing all the raving about how great it was ....was the guy who's opening it. Tsk, tsk.

AE

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paintball is not exactly....

the kind of activity that lends itself to smooth integration into natural environments. When I first saw the discussion of this new "attraction" I thought that it seemed an odd choice.

If it could all be camouflaged....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Free advertising is not allowed on DR1, the posts were deleted as spam and the poster put on permanent holidays.

He could have taken out an ad

http://dr1.com/directories/index.shtml

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I live on Encuentro and when I asked the guy putting it up he said it's for 'los Ninos' and it coincided with the surf competition this week so I guess it's a passing fancy to keep the kids happy while the Big Boys (and Gals) master the waves.

Post Thanks / Like

Default paintball

hey im new to this site, but im looking for some answers and advice in reference to getting a new and nice paintball field in dominican republic and i would like for some tips on what do i need to start this business.

thanks.