Snail Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Multiple" means three at least: NO or even NO.

Have the person join one of the mail forwarding services there in Sos?a...and have her/him/them tell you where to sent it in Florida for forwarding to the DR...only way, Jos?.

HB

paddler1

Oct 12, 2007
snail mail

I should have known the answer would be No! I lost my mind for a moment and fantasized that at least the mail system might work.
Thanks Brian

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I think of the mail as having a 50/50 chance of getting to it's destination. I've sent 2 cards with pix enclosed to POP this year. The 1st never made it, the 2nd made it there in 2 weeks. I'd say, if you're trying to send something valuable don't, but if you want to send a card or something sentimental can't hurt to try. If you enclose pix, make sure you have the negatives or memory card so you can print more if they don't make it....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
10-12 years ago during the first period that Leonel was president the Dominican mail service was excellent. Just about put EPS and the others out of business. I had a mailbox in the post office in Samana and sent and received all letters and packages by regular mail. Lot cheaper than the present courier services.

At that time he could only have one term and the PRD replaced him. They did nothing to maintain the mail service so it rapidly deteriorated.

Unfortunately, when Leonel got back in, he also ignored the mail service.

But for several years it was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.