english speaking car mechanic in Sosua?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Can anyone recommend a competent mechanic in Sosua that speaks some english and give us his phone number?

Unfortunately our car is torn apart at a garage in town and it looks like they do not know what they are doing. A simple thing has turned into a big mess. Hopefully we can pay a professional to help us out and do the work correctly.

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Lucille
Mar 2, 2008
In Sosua there are a few English speaking mechanics.

Stefan is a very good German mechanic, who has lived and done business here for 16 - 17 years.

And Torsten, another very good German mechanic, who has been here for about the same period of time.

Both speak English fluently, and they both have good reputations and extensive automotive experience.

I will provide phone numbers via PM, if you are interested.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I can't say enough good things about Stefan. He and his son run an excellent business!! They do great work, are honest and prompt. They've helped us out many times and they back their work; that's very hard to find in this country!!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Agreed about Stefan....excellent mechanic and speaks good english.....ph: 809-853-2123
If he doesn't answer, he will call you back very promptly

nigorv

Jul 11, 2008
Victor's Autoservice is a competent one. Located on the way to Panorama village

georgig

Jul 25, 2010
I'd recommend David's Autoservice - exit from Sosua direction Cabarete, on the left side. Ask for Jose - he speaks English