Census

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I had a lady come around my place today taking down the number of persons living here. She was wearing an official badge and had a clpboard etc, no doubt she was doing this. She said it was Census day tomorrow. Someone will be around asking more questions tomorrow.:cheeky: How accurate can this be in the DR???:tired:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depends on how honest you are.
Normally, I have little faith in these things beyond the count itself. All the economic data is pretty useless because nobody in his right mind is going to tell the whole truth because of the overwhelming fear of the gubmint coming to collect more money...

HB

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
The fact that a national census is taking place is legitimate. My understanding was that census takers were supposed to be working in teams, but I really don't know more than that.

How accurate the results will be is certainly questionable.

Aug 21, 2007
But, shouldn't they be given credit for trying? I got a message about this on my Orange phone. At some level I would hope there is honesty and progress and results here. Please don't burst my bubble and tell me that I am wrong......

Lindsey

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No Lindsey, there is a Santa Clause, I know, because I am one, everyyear...

However, as I said, the information I am interested is the people count. the % of increase over the past 8 years. That sort of demographic info...The economic stuff will be highly unreliable because people fear the government's tentacles.

All census workers have: Special name tags and a special ball cap and a folder/briefcase with their materials. There is a number you can call if you want to check their IDs. Go to www.censo2010.one.gob.do for any information and to see the questionaire.

Papa will help...

HB

Jul 4, 2010
I live out in the boondocks, away from populations, yet I received this afternoon a 'delegation' of five people who identified themselves as from the 'census'. I took advantage of the situation and gave them a reception worthy of a Kentucky hillbilly. Shotgun in hand, I shouted at them that I didn't want anyone snooping around my property. They were keen to my antics, and started laughing. After ushering them in, they explained that they wanted to get it right tomorrow, and that they were aware that they had left me out in the last 2002 census, due to poor planing.

Aug 21, 2007
Okay. I get understand your message, Hillbilly. You always are helpful. And John, as usual, you gave me a laugh. Hope they DO come to visit me....(will they allow these individuals through the security gates of private communities?)

Lindsey

carib

Jul 16, 2002
yes

60 questions per resident
and more
they put a sticker on your casa and you must leave it on
carib

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they came in today to say they will be coming tomorrow. i am going to receive them with my cow sized dog by the side, since i ain't got no shotgun. safety precautions first ;)
when they get to money related questions i will suddenly be able to speak polish and polish only :)

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
She also said all the questions were coming tomorrow. I wonder how many people are honest:smoke:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i saw them in front of our house when i came back from walking the dog. unfortunately they run away upon seeing fiji approaching them with a lot of enthusiasm. i managed to establish they will come back later today. will see, they are drilling other households on our street thou.

Jul 4, 2010
I was visited yesterday by a five member delegation of the "Censo". They asked how many people lived in my humble abode, and said they'd be back tomorrow, which is today, but they didn't show up. I had some beer for them, too bad, I ended up drinking it with my wife Altagracia.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i saw them again while walking the dog number two. "will you be home tomorrow morning?" - they asked. "no" - i said - "but my dog will" :)
they were not happy :)

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
They keep coming by my place and each time I tell them I won't give them any information. They've come by 4 times already .... wondering how long it will be before they give up.