Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Census

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Census

I had a lady come around my place today taking down the number of persons living here. She was wearing an official badge and had a clpboard etc, no doubt she was doing this. She said it was Census day tomorrow. Someone will be around asking more questions tomorrow. How accurate can this be in the DR???

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how honest you are.
    Normally, I have little faith in these things beyond the count itself. All the economic data is pretty useless because nobody in his right mind is going to tell the whole truth because of the overwhelming fear of the gubmint coming to collect more money...

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No kidding, and go count a barrio?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that a national census is taking place is legitimate. My understanding was that census takers were supposed to be working in teams, but I really don't know more than that.

How accurate the results will be is certainly questionable.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

But, shouldn't they be given credit for trying? I got a message about this on my Orange phone. At some level I would hope there is honesty and progress and results here. Please don't burst my bubble and tell me that I am wrong......

Lindsey

Post Thanks / Like

No Lindsey, there is a Santa Clause, I know, because I am one, everyyear...

However, as I said, the information I am interested is the people count. the % of increase over the past 8 years. That sort of demographic info...The economic stuff will be highly unreliable because people fear the government's tentacles.

All census workers have: Special name tags and a special ball cap and a folder/briefcase with their materials. There is a number you can call if you want to check their IDs. Go to www.censo2010.one.gob.do for any information and to see the questionaire.

Papa will help...

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I live out in the boondocks, away from populations, yet I received this afternoon a 'delegation' of five people who identified themselves as from the 'census'. I took advantage of the situation and gave them a reception worthy of a Kentucky hillbilly. Shotgun in hand, I shouted at them that I didn't want anyone snooping around my property. They were keen to my antics, and started laughing. After ushering them in, they explained that they wanted to get it right tomorrow, and that they were aware that they had left me out in the last 2002 census, due to poor planing.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. I get understand your message, Hillbilly. You always are helpful. And John, as usual, you gave me a laugh. Hope they DO come to visit me....(will they allow these individuals through the security gates of private communities?)

Lindsey

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yes

60 questions per resident
    and more
    they put a sticker on your casa and you must leave it on
    carib

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

they came in today to say they will be coming tomorrow. i am going to receive them with my cow sized dog by the side, since i ain't got no shotgun. safety precautions first
    when they get to money related questions i will suddenly be able to speak polish and polish only

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast