Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I bit my hand.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I bit my hand.

last saturday, out of sheer boredom, I decided to buy some angus steaks from super nacional. I think it was the iron flat steaks (?), or some thing like that. It had fat deposits in it's grain of the meat fibers. I seasoned it with Montreal steak spice and left it there for an hour. Then I grilled them on wooden charcoals with bake potatoes. The steaks came out juicy and upon first bite, I was in love. The steaks were so delicious that I threw away the fork and knife and bit into it like a savage from amazon jungle. In the process, I managed to bite my hand hard. Uuuuyyyyyyyeee, it hurt but the joy of chewing excellent juicy angus steak made me forget my pain for the time-being.
    Dave Snyder, where are you? I called you but seems like you are up north at the moment.
    Lets see when I will repeat the "bite on my hand" again.
    AZB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    last saturday, out of sheer boredom, I decided to buy some angus steaks from super nacional. I think it was the iron flat steaks (?), or some thing like that. It had fat deposits in it's grain of the meat fibers. I seasoned it with Montreal steak spice and left it there for an hour. Then I grilled them on wooden charcoals with bake potatoes. The steaks came out juicy and upon first bite, I was in love. The steaks were so delicious that I threw away the fork and knife and bit into it like a savage from amazon jungle. In the process, I managed to bite my hand hard. Uuuuyyyyyyyeee, it hurt but the joy of chewing excellent juicy angus steak made me forget my pain for the time-being.
    Dave Snyder, where are you? I called you but seems like you are up north at the moment.
    AZB
    My mouth is watering. The 2 Q'd up last night for the wife and I were hard as rock. Where did you get them? I might be going to Sgo. this week.

Post Thanks / Like

AZB
    You bit your hand? Ouch. Sounds like some delicious steaks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The steaks were so delicious that I threw away the fork and knife and bit into it like a savage from amazon jungle. In the process, I managed to bite my hand hard.
    Did you go for a rabies test?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Good choice on the Flat Iron steaks....they are tender like a filet and have the flavor of a Strip Loin...mmmmmm....but next time stick with the knife and fork...or at least the fork if it cuts like buttahhhhh...

Post Thanks / Like

Stop eating and watching Univision at the same time.

The women on those commercials can really take your focus and attention away.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    Good choice on the Flat Iron steaks....they are tender like a filet and have the flavor of a Strip Loin...mmmmmm....but next time stick with the knife and fork...or at least the fork if it cuts like buttahhhhh...
    Yes david. they were juicy and tender. I like the flavor of this steak. Just didn't expect it to be that good. No more dominican regular (tire rubber) meat. I will spend more and eat the real steak. This steak tasted better than all the steaks I have ever eaten in any fancy restaurant in DR.
    AZB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OK OK I'm a dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    My mouth is watering. The 2 Q'd up last night for the wife and I were hard as rock. Where did you get them? I might be going to Sgo. this week.
    Should have read all your post and not just the juicy part. Will pick some up for sure on my next trip. If there's any left.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave up DR steaks a while ago...pretty much when I discovered Chef Pepper...then Omaha Gourmet, and now it's a no-brainer with La Sirena and Nacional selling imported beef at VERY reasonable prices. The one exception is Veal (Ternera) at Nacional...the chops and ground meat are excellent.

Also good from the imported section, when they have it, try the "flap meat" (similar to Hanger Steak), and the Culotte (What Brazilians call the "King of Steaks"/Picanhe)...both much cheaper than Filets, Strips, and rib eyes, and great for grilling...

Oh, and if you invite me next time, I'll bring some awesome Spicy Chili Chimichuri to go with the steaks..great on all of them, especially churasco!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Please invite me and I'll bring the Brahama jumbo's (dos por cien pesitos)!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast