duties

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
anyone have experience with duties on about $1000 worth of car parts? i've searched the site but haven't found anything pertaining to car parts. i kno electronics have duties and when you ship a whole car the same, but what about parts for cars.

these are to be sold in the DR that is why i am asking.

also, can anyone recommend a good shipping company? i've searched that also but everything seems to be located in NY. the best idea i guess would be to ship it to NY and then ship it straight the to DR from there...?

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
when 20 + 16 = 39

only as an estimate, if you can not find the specific item listed, usually according to the unified coding sytem, calculate duties at 20% plus ITBIS of 16% or generally you can use 39% which is the sum of the 20 + 16.

.................................here it comes...................................

don't worry though yopur freindly customs agent will no doubt find the right amount, most likly 20 + 16...

remember bring it in in less than USD200 invoiced lots and no duty, no itbis!!!!

% packages invoice at 199.99 each, all the same day arrival, dame shipper, same addresse, no problem no taxes.

don't try to cheat, they are alot smarter than they were before....they've learned 'puters and the net....2

g'luck

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
wow, seems a little high, 39%??? ouch.

my friend has a business down there and has gotten parts from the junkyards in japan but now i have a better price for him on new brakes and would like to do business but if duties are nearly half i wont make any profit...