Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Clam Chowder In The DR ?

Pescado / fish soup with Clams Manhattan style is fine, but are there any Restaurants that serve New England Clam Chowder on the North Coast, because it's a tradition on Friday nights ?
    Last edited by mike l; 12-02-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Just love those clams !

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Best damn clam chowder anywhere is in New Hampshire, and I'm not just whistling Dixie.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The only N.E. chowder I've seen is Campbell's in a can. Supermercado Meson in POP has regular condensed all the time and "Chunkey" occasionally.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    The only N.E. chowder I've seen is Campbell's in a can. Supermercado Meson in POP has regular condensed all the time and "Chunkey" occasionally.
    I have to eat the canned but there's not enough clams and i was looking to see if i could add some canned clams but playero does not have them

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

well I was born in New Hampshire and just made up a big pot of the new England kind last night it got a little cold in Florida LOL nothing beater on a cold December night. well if any of U need a cook let me no I need a new job.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Want a recipe? I use to make it in three gallon batches for a Vermont restaurant. I'll have to scale it down unless you are really hungry. It's really not that hard and really great when you use fresh clams. Dominican potatoes would be great in a chowder. I still think the forum needs a recipe section based on locally available ingredients. I don't know what the bavalve selection is like down there.