Best Clam Chowder In The DR ?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Pescado / fish soup with Clams Manhattan style is fine, but are there any Restaurants that serve New England Clam Chowder on the North Coast, because it's a tradition on Friday nights ?

Last edited:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
The only N.E. chowder I've seen is Campbell's in a can. Supermercado Meson in POP has regular condensed all the time and "Chunkey" occasionally.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The only N.E. chowder I've seen is Campbell's in a can. Supermercado Meson in POP has regular condensed all the time and "Chunkey" occasionally.

I have to eat the canned but there's not enough clams and i was looking to see if i could add some canned clams but playero does not have them

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
well I was born in New Hampshire and just made up a big pot of the new England kind last night it got a little cold in Florida LOL nothing beater on a cold December night. well if any of U need a cook let me no I need a new job.

May 29, 2006
Want a recipe? I use to make it in three gallon batches for a Vermont restaurant. I'll have to scale it down unless you are really hungry. It's really not that hard and really great when you use fresh clams. Dominican potatoes would be great in a chowder. I still think the forum needs a recipe section based on locally available ingredients. I don't know what the bavalve selection is like down there.