Sarna or other anti-itch cream

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
I NEED something now. My girl is complaining about the mosquito bites alot. What can I buy in La Sirena or any pharmacy around La Zona Colonial that is Sarna or very similar?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I NEED something now. My girl is complaining about the mosquito bites alot. What can I buy in La Sirena or any pharmacy around La Zona Colonial that is Sarna or very similar?

There is a product sold here called Bite Relief. It looks like a dry marker, is purple in color and has a liquid inside that once applied to a bite, mosquito, ant, etc. takes away the pain and itching with a couple of minutes.
Works every time.......:bunny::bunny::bunny:

B in Santiago

Jul 4, 2010
If it's sarna (scabies)...

Here in Las Lomas de Azua, in my folk healing practice, without any intention of boasting, I have a 100% cure rate for scabies, using cuaba soap with honey, with a two day protocol. You can pm me for details.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I don't think the OP was referring to the disease/infestation known in the DR as sarna (scabies) but rather an anti-itch lotion sold in the US under that name. It comes in a mentholated and non-mentholated form and is very effective for temporary relief from itching, but does nothing to solve the underlying cause like a hydrocortisone product would.

Jul 4, 2010
I don't think the OP was referring to the disease/infestation known in the DR as sarna (scabies) but rather an anti-itch lotion sold in the US under that name. It comes in a mentholated and non-mentholated form and is very effective for temporary relief from itching, but does nothing to solve the underlying cause like a hydrocortisone product would.

Hydrocortisone products are good as an antiinflamatory agents, but can produce serious systemic side effects. Itching caused by insect bites are treated symptomatically, and the best results are obtained from anti-allergy medication such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or similar.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Stop by any veterinaria and ask for... una botella de creolina, and apply the product all over the spine area, using gloves spread it allover the animal.
Bath the pet before for best results...

JJ

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
try eurax, sold also in europe, under the same name. made by novartis, well known lab. the lotion sells for about 600 pesos so rather expensive but many gringos like to buy brands they know and trust...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Stop by any veterinaria and ask for... una botella de creolina, and apply the product all over the spine area, using gloves spread it allover the animal.
Bath the pet before for best results...

JJ

JJ:

I think his novia has the itchie scratchies, not his pooch!;)

feliz fin de semana,

tio tambo'

Jul 4, 2010