Customer service

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We've had the Orange Net Hogar wireless internet service for a couple of months now. Service has been mostly good, but today it was very patchy. I phoned customer service to ask what was happening and the person told me that yes, there are problems because some work is being done on the platform, which would affect the service, but it was almost finished and everything would be back to normal "soon". He then said that we would be given the next three months service free as compensation. Was it a Funny Friday Flourish on his part? Maybe it was his last day on the job and he decided to have a giggle?

I said "I'd rather pay and be guaranteed the service, thank you". Anyway he said I should have received a notification of the refund but not surprisingly nothing of the sort has arrived. WTF? I wrote down his name FWIW.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah chiri,
Services interrupted for 1 day and for that a 3 months free Line Compensation,
I have Claro here and with such Policy I would have by Now a Free Compensation service for the next 187 YEARS, ha ha ha.
It may reall have been His last Day on the Job,
or You simply dialed the wrong Service Number and the Haircutter in Veron made a Joke with ya, he he.

Mike

Reactions: Tamborista

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I forgot to go back and make the thread title snappier before posting. The simple addition of the two letters "B" and "S" would have been enough.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
I don't know if I could handle the lack of good customer service in the DR. Three weeks ago I ordered(online)a recycled engine for my PT Cruiser after 250,000 miles of dependable service. The engine I received was "seized", that is, it would not turn over(I had to convince a technician that I knew what I was talking about). I made a call, filed a claim and received a replacement engine 5 days later at no additional cost while keeping the one first sent. Could I get this kind of customer service in the DR?:p

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's not the first time it's happened: a couple of months ago I phoned to query the monthly charge, which was higher than we'd been led to believe by the person who sold us the deal. The customer service operator said it was a total error and that the balance was zero. Again, I was skeptical so I went to the Orange main office in B?varo and found we did have to pay it, and they gave us some lame-arse explanation for the additional charge. Sounds like some operators just say these things to fob off clients when they don't feel like dealing with them.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Only a couple of weeks ago i rang the Electric Company to report a blown transformer in the road, we had been without power for 12 hours at this point and was only just aware after a neighbour said they had heard an explosion in the morning, anyway i rang to see if had been reported and if it was being fixed.

The woman who answered went through the usual blah blah and jibber jabbered some incident number at me, i said thank you but i really just want to know if it had been reported, if it was being fixed and so on. well at this point she rattled something incoherent at a zillion miles an hour so i asked her to kindly repet what she had said, so she did but in the same manner. Now my spanish is pretty good but i had no idea what she had said, so i appologized and asked very kindly if i could pass the phone to my husband so she could explain to him at which point she said "NO, Ive just explained to you twice and im not going to do it again" and cut the line. Nice eh??

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that Great, Laura.
at least here at my lil Town we don't have luckily such prob with electricity.
of course more or less twice a year a transformator at one end of the streetends let's Us hera Its "Bumm", but no need for any phonecall or complaint or such, they realize on their Screens that there's a bit of trouble on one of their Lines and their Guys get sent out on the Road to fix the trouble before we could go through with any phonecall.
but Yes,
a rare kinda Customer's service,
we don't have such up in the Mountains if the lights go out on the Ranch, it is only PC Specific with that Elec Service.

Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well - it was true! We received a formal communication from Orange confirming that we will be receiving the service free of charge for December, January and February to make up for the technical issues.