Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so proud!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm so proud!

That Dominicans are standing up for whats important. Watching this 4% para la Educacion campaign from afar is making my heart warm. Peaceful protests, Youtube campaign and songs...I'm just so, so proud, because this is sooooo necessary!!!

This is an amazing start. It may not solve it quickly or completely but it is so great, anyway. I know some change will have to come.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FtanStNcJ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FtanStNcJ8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ibrzNs-8-6s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ibrzNs-8-6s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Slowly Dominicans are getting a voice and standing up!

Social media has really helped in making this happen, gotta love Facebook

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i do not have hopes for any results whatsoever but i am glad that more and more people recognize the importance of education. this country, any country, should spend a lot more than meager 4%!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Too slow for what this country needs, unfortunately it will all be forgotten with Christmas, rum and empty politician promises

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My ten year old was told today by his teacher at the public school he attends in El Cano, Azua, that he should wear yellow on Monday. He's happy to have a yellow polo shirt ready for the occasion. It's 4% or bust, day!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It is refreshing to see Dominicans standing up for the important issues.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

seriously they spend only 4% on education? this is a shame to any country in the world, you need at least, at least 20% on education and even 20% is way behind. wow im amazed at 4%...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not even 4%. I think 4 is what they are aiming for. When you think of all the money in the informal economy it must be even less. I doubt it will improve because they would have to raise taxes and there is an reluctance to pay any as there is no transparancy with regard to how it is spend and distributed. An improvement of education would have to be done by private institutions and through donations. What is the idea of the 4% movement. I dont know. But I found a yellow polo shirt for monday. It was given to me once at Hermanos Villar for being a loyal customer.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    seriously they spend only 4% on education? this is a shame to any country in the world, you need at least, at least 20% on education and even 20% is way behind. wow im amazed at 4%...
    4% of the GDP is about 20-25% of the annual budget.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Canada and the USA spend approx 6% of GDP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast