11% Electric Rate Increase - Ouch!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
But with the increased cost, just think how much better the service will be, as the extra profits are used to update the system. And then, all the street lights will work and our appliances won't need replacing after three years.

(when you read that, imagine me saying it in a very sarcastic voice)

Nov 25, 2008
I honestly think that the Dominican government should look into nuclear energy......wont that be something, putting in charge a grade school drop out to run the nuclear energy...... its almost like the congress

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
People always seem to complain about useless politicians in General.

But to me the Dominican politicians do seem particularly pro-active and efficient at what they do.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Less for more. This fits perfectly into my mottos like:

Buy high sell low
Lose money on every transaction but make it up in volume.

Normal thinking to me

Bob K

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Don't forget lying, benefiting their relatives and friends, and picking out the flashiest jeepetas. Not to mention still managing to get people to vote for them.
A multi-talented bunch.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yep, mulit-talented. they'd do well in nuclear energy department, i bet...

waverider

Sep 4, 2010
Help- Out-of-Control

How can one reduce the meter charge "legal" or "illegal",,,, I am a Gringo, and I pay my bill like clockwork,,,, ALL IDEAS are appreciated! :pirate:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
How can one reduce the meter charge "legal" or "illegal",,,, I am a Gringo, and I pay my bill like clockwork,,,, ALL IDEAS are appreciated! :pirate:

Legally to reduce Your Meterware Buy Low Consuption Light Bulps, don't let Your Boiler/Water Heater connected 24/7, bring in a switch and turn it on 15 minutes before you take a shower and shut it down/disconnected from the powerline afterwards when not needed, only the Darn Waterheater saves me a good 2000 pesos per month on the Bill since the 125 pesos switch is installed, turn off the ceiling fans when leaving the House, use A/C only when needed.
Illegally,
Once You adopted to the Country You will know Your way around.

Mike

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Wow, I can see them gradually charging 11% higher over a few months, but right away like that...could be very difficult for a lot of people.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lemme explain, amp. those who can afford to pay for the power will pay 11% more. with much bitching and complaining but they will pay. those who cannot afford the 11% increase should not care because they do not pay for the power anyways.
you'll see that the only one going on huelgas will be the poor who steal their power and never pay a penny....