Where do beachfront resorts dispose sewage?

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Where do you think?

In the ocean...ofcoarse. Know true in the Playa Dorada/Sosua areas.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
In the ocean...ofcoarse. Know true in the Playa Dorada/Sosua areas.

that would be very intelligent,
they reek it up on the beach, throw it back in the water just to have it on the same beach again some hours later when the High Tide goes Down??

here on the east they throw it over their Property off the Beach, plenty of empty space available at the Resorts for that, it is anyways no Seaweed, just Seagrass, nothing problematic with that on their Grounds.

Mike

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The salt and the organisms in the ocean were designed to undue poor planning by humans including human waste and even oil ( dinasaur waste) so the oceans remain clear.

nelian

Dec 5, 2010
Mike, it is true that waste gets into the waters on the north shore in Sosua?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Mike, it is true that waste gets into the waters on the north shore in Sosua?

There are no waste treatment plants in the barrios that exist along riverbanks, use your imagination where the poo goes!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
FYI... no worries

Florida has several east coast cities that have offshore direct sewage pumped directly into the ocean...the funny part is the gulfstream sends it elsewhere.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, but only swim in crystal clear water like we have in the DR.

Reactions: waytogo

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
FYI... ..... I wouldn't worry about it too much, but only swim in crystal clear water like we have in the DR.

5oy453.jpg

Stay out of the pea green waters!

Reactions: Lucille and Celt202

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
FYI... no worries

Florida has several east coast cities that have offshore direct sewage pumped directly into the ocean...the funny part is the gulfstream sends it elsewhere.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, but only swim in crystal clear water like we have in the DR.

The following was supposed to happen in 1991, I don't know if it did or not.

Published: October 09, 1988

WASHINGTON, Oct. 8 ? The House and Senate agreed Friday to ban ocean dumping of sewage sludge after 1991, concluding a 10-year legislative effort meant to stop sewage authorities in New York and New Jersey from disposing of their treated waste in the Atlantic Ocean.

D (Not swimming at Sosua Beach)

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
This is not the US

The following was supposed to happen in 1991, I don't know if it did or not.

D (Not swimming at Sosua Beach)

We're talking about the DR not the US or Florida. Bacteria wise you will find that most beaces have levels exceeding acceptable levels, in US standards anyway. The Puta Cana area was built up much later that the north coast and technology prevented what has happened elsewhere. This explains why the east coast beaches are so much nicer....in partial.
There was a recent thread that mentioned fical matter floating in the waters on the north coast Puerto to Caberette. This doesn't surprise me as it goes with the flow of the rest of Sosuas decline in tourism. Another Boca Chica.

nelian

Dec 5, 2010
According to some internet source, Las Terrenas beaches have Blue Ribbon status for their ecologically clean waters. The same status have some carribean islands like Culebra. Why Punta Cana/Bavaro doesn not have Blue Ribbon status?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
According to some internet source, Las Terrenas beaches have Blue Ribbon status for their ecologically clean waters. The same status have some carribean islands like Culebra. Why Punta Cana/Bavaro doesn not have Blue Ribbon status?

I guess French sh*t polutes less than Spanish sh*t. ;)

Reactions: pedrochemical

nelian

Dec 5, 2010
Correction

I have to correct myself. In the prior post it should have been BLUE FLAG instead of BLUE RIBBON.
Ecologically clean beaches are awarded BLUE FLAG status.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
We're talking about the DR not the US or Florida. Bacteria wise you will find that most beaces have levels exceeding acceptable levels, in US standards anyway. The Puta Cana area was built up much later that the north coast and technology prevented what has happened elsewhere. This explains why the east coast beaches are so much nicer....in partial.
There was a recent thread that mentioned fical matter floating in the waters on the north coast Puerto to Caberette. This doesn't surprise me as it goes with the flow of the rest of Sosuas decline in tourism. Another Boca Chica.

to be Only on the Level of a average USA Beach would be a clear deep Downgrade for Punta Cana, from the Start of Tourism on the East Coast oceanfront properties been from the beginning under the Obligation of Providing the appropriate Facilities for cleaning Their Sewage, it never has been allowed to Dispose that Stuff into the Ocean.
over the Years We even had Hotels on Hold due not properly working Facilities on the Matter.
an other Plus for the Eastshores is the Fact that here is No Fleet of Large and polluting Vessels available, neither any Kind of Commercial Pollution such as Oil Riggs etc etc.
PC contains the Blue Flagg Quality Feature for most of the Coastline over here, including the Cabeza de Toro Beach 30 Meters from My Veranda.

Some Punta Cana beaches do have Blue Flag Award, please see the complete list of them here:

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2010/12/4/37860/Dominican-beaches-receive-Blue-Flag-award

Thank you all for insightful input!

thanks for the Link, that's real Info

Mike

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010

I'm not surprised, LT should be on the top, and like Mike said PC beaches
should be included. I think the currents, stream has alot to do with it. PR has some of the nicest beaches I've seen...Vieques, not far from Culebra, and even after the military occupation still tops the lists.