To all of Dominican Republic Complainers.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If you guys have the urge to complain about anything in DR, I wish you all a long week stay in london. When I landed here yesterday, the temperature was -2 degrees C (28 degrees F). I froze my a$$ walking from train station to my uncle's house. Those 4 long blocks were the longest of my life. After living here in DR, i must say, i can't stand the cold any longer. The food here is excellent and I have eaten in 3 different restaurants already. The arabic restaurants here are even better than in USA. London is fun but the cold has made me wish to fly back to santiago as soon as possible. 5pm seems like 10pm at night, dark and lifeless in the residential streets. I am in st. john's wood area and it simply dies at night. No one talks to anyone here and we have gypsies beggars with babies asking for money in the cold streets of downtown.
I would rather sweat in blackout nights without water than to freeze my tracero here in london.
I miss DR already.
AZB

May 29, 2006
Last night -5C with 30MPH winds at 6PM and winter hasn't really started. Dark at 4:30. Last week in Buffalo, 50 miles north of here, they had three feet of snow. What is crazy is people still ask me why I would want to go back to the DR.

Reactions: mike l

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
it is freakin 55 degrees in Miami and i am about to hop on a flight back to POP because i cannot deal w even this temp anymore. its truly torturous. i am too warm-blooded. do not want. once the body adjusts to warmth its hell enduring the cold.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Believe it or night I had a nightmare a couple of weeks ago that I was in a very cold place, it was snowing and it was dark and gloomy. Brrrrrrr. Aftab, ven a casa ya.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
it is freakin 55 degrees in Miami and i am about to hop on a flight back to POP because i cannot deal w even this temp anymore. its truly torturous. i am too warm-blooded. do not want. once the body adjusts to warmth its hell enduring the cold.

Sorry POPNYChic but you get no sympathy from me. It was about 19F degrees this whole weekend in Michigan and now currently 36F here in Long Island (where I'm working this week), but with the wind feels like 23F...55F would be a heat wave.

AZB is aplatanao even if he won't admit it.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It's so cold in the DR right now I might have to close the windows and put a shirt on

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
Sorry POPNYChic but you get no sympathy from me. It was about 19F degrees this whole weekend in Michigan and now currently 36F here in Long Island (where I'm working this week), but with the wind feels like 23F...55F would be a heat wave.

AZB is aplatanao even if he won't admit it.

LOL i know...but to me, its like below zero. im over here sealing all my windows, buying space heaters and stuff and its barely under 60 degrees. thats when you know you belong in the tropics. haha

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It's been getting down to the low 60's at night here in Santiago and it's raining a lot. We have the comforters out and all the windows closed, brrr.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's what they got in London Ontario today

65477_468332856127_638251127_6229690_1175604_n.jpg

London Ontario...-6C...40kph winds...140 cm snow and calling for 40cm more overnite

talk about being stuck, here is a video by Turkish visitors

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0RGbJVFhC4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z0RGbJVFhC4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLCu1-2VQJI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LLCu1-2VQJI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
After reading all the DR weather reports recently, I made room in our last big blue plastic drum for a down comforter. Hopefully it will arrive shortly after we do. Unbelievable to think we might need it!

Here in South Jersey I live below the Mason-Dixon line....but today I felt like I was in the Arctic between the cold and the wind. January can't come soon enough....

AE

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Every single NY winter, I promise myself to move somewhere,anywhere, south.

I will Never get used to it. I am envious of people living in the tropics :)

I hate the snow too (in an urban environment it turns ugly), I hate the fact that it is nighttime a 4 PM, heck I just hate everything about winter. I find it anti-social, LOL.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I talked to a friend in the mountains in NC.. with the wind blowing between 35 and 65 and temps at 18 degrees... snow blowing horizontal to the road... and was reminded of the brrrrrrr chiilllllllll of the long dark winters of the north.

number one reason to move here

imho

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Anna ..... are you near LOndon ON.... I am here in Grand Bend ON...I drove y'day....

It was difficult

I fly Saturday to el Catey fromToronto...if I can make the drive:glasses:

WW