Oh my god ! Prices

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
just went to buy two replacement covers for a paint roller - RD$ 649 pesos

are they having a laugh or are they made out of guatamalan antique mohair

and this wasnt the gringo price it was marked- no wonder people dont paint their houses too often

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
a shaved pig

and this wasnt the gringo price it was marked- no wonder people dont paint their houses too often

and to know you could have all the hair of the pig Whirleybird roasted last sunday for free... and those hairs make wonderful brushes and rollers...

you are losing your touch, JR...:bunny:

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
:/ Oh dear.... Maybe yours was made from Guatamalan antique mohair, because I bought a roller on Monday for 150 RD which has done a fine job of painting my office and bathroom.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
You got beat (understand taken) those things cost between $80 and $120 pesos, depending on the quality.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

Yeap we must go back to basics, things are getting very expensive all over the world, I need a treadle sewing machine, please inform me if anyone has seen one for sale. :ermm: just in case.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Well they have the bottom half made into a table outside tropicoco in cabarete lol - I was thinking it was about time you made a new dress

I will look out for the top half of the machine

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Well they have the bottom half made into a table outside tropicoco in cabarete lol - I was thinking it was about time you made a new dress

I will look out for the top half of the machine

In the campo where my family is from a few ladies had them, we even would bring used clothes and have them make us new outfits.....so cool , we probably paid a few cents per outfit.....:cheeky:

Let me know, seriously.