False Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What to do if you discover that someone in the Dominican Republic has used your identity to make a false American passport?

Is there a direct number where you can talk to someone at the American embassy?

Thanks for any information.
I would call the US Embassy first and foremost.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What to do if you discover that someone in the Dominican Republic has used your identity to make a false American passport?

U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo
Tel.: (809) 731-4294
Fax: (809) 689-6142
E-mail: acssantodom@state.gov

I'd suggest calling and also sending an fax or email as a followup on the call.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Fraud Prevention Unit

These are the people you need to contact ASAP:

Fraud Prevention Unit

Welcome

Welcome to the Fraud Prevention Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo. Our principal mission is to safeguard U.S. borders by detecting and stopping fraud in applications for U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, immigrant visas and nonimmigrant visas. We accomplish this critical goal by training Consular Section staff on fraud detection, maintaining close cooperation with U.S. and Dominican law enforcement agencies and deploying our staff of highly trained investigators to conduct interviews and investigations.

If you have a tip concerning fraud that you wish to share with us, you may contact the Fraud Prevention Unit by e-mailing us at SDO-Fraud@state.gov, faxing us at (809) 731-4467, calling us at (809) 731-4272 between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, or by writing us. If you write to us, please read our mailing instructions. If you wish us to keep your identity confidential, be sure to tell us that this is your wish when you contact us.

Fraud Prevention Unit - U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Reactions: Celt202

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

You will need supporting documentation. If you have a birth certificate or an expired passport be prepared to present them.

Reactions: mike l

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The OP said that he knows of a case of identity theft to obtain a US passport.
I think the most important thing for him to do is to immediately call the frraud unit and make his report. Whatever information they need, they will tell him when he calls.

Massielg, I hope you will report back on how this goes. This would be good information for us to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.