Current cost of gasolina an LPG per gallon for your car

Nov 10, 2010
Hi

What is the current cost of;

gasolina p/gallon or litre

LPG per gallon / litre

I'm trying to do a comparison between these two fuels so a similar unit of measurement ( assuming you can help) would be great

thanks

May 29, 2006
The real cost you would want is the cost per BTU. Propane is 91,690 BTU per gallon with 4.11 pounds per gallon, gas is about 125,000 BTU per gallon depending on its grade. However, I expect the efficiency for LPG would be slightly better since the combustion would be more complete.

In the DR, many pick-up trucks use LPG with conversion kits.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
The real cost you would want is the cost per BTU. Propane is 91,690 BTU per gallon with 4.11 pounds per gallon, gas is about 125,000 BTU per gallon depending on its grade. However, I expect the efficiency for LPG would be slightly better since the combustion would be more complete.

In the DR, many pick-up trucks use LPG with conversion kits.

And taxis and many locals in their vehicles, if they can afford installation........:bunny:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
price or regular gasoline 160 pesos per US Gallon
price of LPG 86.79 pesos per US Gallon

I think that is what you are looking for

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And the dollar is at 37.35 pesos, so a gallon of gasoline is ....drumroll = $4.28 (Jesus Mary & Joseph!!)

HB

May 29, 2006
Ha ha, this reminds me of the political joke about a woman in a balloon....

Another way to put it is if you get 20MPG with gas, you're likely to get 15MPG with propane.

===

There is a joke in Vermont about a guy who drives from NYC who ends up on some back road. He sees a farmer walking his cows along the road and asks him, "Excuse me do you know how far it is to St Albans?"
"Nope"
"Do know if this road will take me to White River Jct?"
"Nope"
"Can you at least get me to the interstate?"
"Don't really know how'd ya do that..."

--"We'll for someone who lives here, you sure don't know much!"--

--"Maybe so, but I ain't lost, neither!"--

Nov 10, 2010
It's no secret im considering the most economical way to get around. i WAS considering LPG and a small suv 4cylinder

But jesus H Christus ...... i think ill buy a ATV and be satisfied with that

thank you all