Heavy Rains Thursday East Coast

Jose1986

Jul 11, 2008
Here on the East coast it has been raining in Punta Cana for last 2 hours, probably at least 5 inches of rain. Worst rainfall I have seen in 3 years. Streets are flooded everywhere. This is serious and surely alot of people are dealing with flooding in homes and problems with cars in the streets. Still pouring.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Be careful daddy-O. There are similar incidents in Venezuela and Colombia as we speak.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It has been raining hard but it doesn't rank among the heaviest I've experienced in the last 2+ years. Not yet anyway. Chirimoyito went out to play football and came back at about 6:15 looking like the proverbial drowned rat. I went out to do some errands on foot and got home just before the really heavy downpours started at around 4:30.

On the bright side, the aisles have been installed in the Supermercado Nacional and the goods are being unloaded. They may even make their target opening date next Wednesday or Friday. :D

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
It has been raining hard but it doesn't rank among the heaviest I've experienced in the last 2+ years. Not yet anyway. Chirimoyito went out to play football and came back at about 6:15 looking like the proverbial drowned rat. I went out to do some errands on foot and got home just before the really heavy downpours started at around 4:30.

On the bright side, the aisles have been installed in the Supermercado Nacional and the goods are being unloaded. They may even make their target opening date next Wednesday or Friday. :D

That's where the old bowling was right?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
There was MUCHO rain here in Las Terrenas this morning-- In fact, we now have the "waterfront property" we always dreamed of! :ermm:

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
The flooding here in Higuey is terrible, It took both of my teams 4 hours to get from here to Punta Cana this evening, normally an hour journey. Bridges are out, car accidents everywhere and my house keeper turned up at my house tonight with her little sister in tow 5 hours after she left my house this afternoon because she couldnt get back to the area she lives in only 20 mins away because of horrific flooding.

Ive seen worse rain, but for some reason it seems to have caused havoc today.

If you are thinking of travelling through Higuey tonight, Forget it!!

I am nervous about my two teams travelling back tonight, but fingers crossed the flooding will have subsided by then. :ermm:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the amount of rainfall 5 inches and more???
then it would really have been flooded and your internet would still not work due that desaster, ha ha.
agreement to Chiri, we had the last few years much more rainamounts,
Hey, we are in DR Winter now, yesterday been a lil Vaguada, and a very small and soft one, lasting only 1 day and 1 night, extremely short.
such can easily last 3 days and 3 nights without the rain ever to stop during that time.
I spent many hours in Higuey yesterday, and in Higuey it rained much more than on the East in PC/Bavaro during the day, here in the coastal area the real rain started after 4 or 4:30PM and it was not any kind of specially hard compared to other rains we have every year once in a while.
I don't think any SIGNIFICANT Number of Homes been flooded here, some as usual after any rain, yes, but nothing of concern.
wait til You experience a Real Rainy Tropical Week,
this Winter 2010/2011 offers the perfect Conditions for a Super Vaguada.
what been yesterday been nothing out of the ordinary.

Mike