Thread: street vendors

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default street vendors

...have the best chicken in this city. i was walking around los salado anoche and happened to smell this wonderful delicious scent. stopped and looked over and lo and behold there it was, the most flavorful chicken ive ever tasted.
    the sauce he put on that chiken i dont know what he put in it but he kicked the **** out of col. sanders 32 herbs and spices.

and i fed 6 people 1/4 chickens, maybe more for 300 pesos.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The marinade most "pollos al carbon" vendors use is a version of wasakaka...made famous by Provocon....It's really more of a brining liquid than a marinade, made with water, salt, garlic, lemon juice and oregano. There are lots of varieties, but they're all good!! Dominican grilled chicken is probably my favorite food here...I just wish the street guys were able to offer better sides with it...

3. Likes curlando liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah the sides are terrible...i dont know what to call it but it was some hard flat yucca bread didnt taste very good but all my dominican friends loved it.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    yeah the sides are terrible...i dont know what to call it but it was some hard flat yucca bread didnt taste very good but all my dominican friends loved it.
    Sounds like cassava. Dominicans love it, if I never ate it again the rest of my life, I wouldn't miss it....

AE

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    The marinade most "pollos al carbon" vendors use is a version of wasakaka...made famous by Provocon....It's really more of a brining liquid than a marinade, made with water, salt, garlic, lemon juice and oregano. There are lots of varieties, but they're all good!! Dominican grilled chicken is probably my favorite food here...I just wish the street guys were able to offer better sides with it...
    Many use naranja agria (sour orange) instead of lemons. That cooking (seasoning ) orange has been used for ages in the Dominican cuisine.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i dunno if i like the orange seasoning as much as the lemon, the flavor with oregano if very very appetizing.