street vendors

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
...have the best chicken in this city. i was walking around los salado anoche and happened to smell this wonderful delicious scent. stopped and looked over and lo and behold there it was, the most flavorful chicken i?ve ever tasted.
the sauce he put on that chiken i dont know what he put in it but he kicked the **** out of col. sanders 32 herbs and spices.

and i fed 6 people 1/4 chickens, maybe more for 300 pesos. ;)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The marinade most "pollos al carbon" vendors use is a version of wasakaka...made famous by Provocon....It's really more of a brining liquid than a marinade, made with water, salt, garlic, lemon juice and oregano. There are lots of varieties, but they're all good!! Dominican grilled chicken is probably my favorite food here...I just wish the street guys were able to offer better sides with it...

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
yeah the sides are terrible...i dont know what to call it but it was some hard flat yucca bread didnt taste very good but all my dominican friends loved it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
yeah the sides are terrible...i dont know what to call it but it was some hard flat yucca bread didnt taste very good but all my dominican friends loved it.

Sounds like cassava. Dominicans love it, if I never ate it again the rest of my life, I wouldn't miss it....

AE

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
The marinade most "pollos al carbon" vendors use is a version of wasakaka...made famous by Provocon....It's really more of a brining liquid than a marinade, made with water, salt, garlic, lemon juice and oregano. There are lots of varieties, but they're all good!! Dominican grilled chicken is probably my favorite food here...I just wish the street guys were able to offer better sides with it...

Many use naranja agria (sour orange) instead of lemons. That cooking (seasoning ) orange has been used for ages in the Dominican cuisine.

Reactions: Lucille

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
i dunno if i like the orange seasoning as much as the lemon, the flavor with oregano if very very appetizing.