home for a doggie - emergency appeal

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i found thid little dude, or more likely, a dudette, in costambar. it lives somewhere in the bushes, i presume. very small, very hungry and a bit sick.
thinness is due to parasites and the skin condition can be easily treated with some antibiotics in pills/suspension and cream.
we cannot take him/her as we already have two dogs plus we are leaving for holidays soon.
if you are willing and caring please do adopt the doggie, he/she does not stand a chance alone. i know you cannot save them all but maybe this one?
we are in puerto plata, btw.

here are some photos:

68bmko.jpg

2h5vbxx.jpg

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Nice job!

Asociacin De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sosa, Inc.

I don't think that Judy has room to take in another dog but I'm sure that she and visiting vet Dr. Frank would be glad to look him/her over and help provide medications and treatments.

Though skin problems look scarry, they can be treated and cured in a short time along with most interal problems. A good bath to clean her/him up and get rid of any ticks and fleas goes a long way too.

Dr. Frank is going back to the States on the 14th, so if you think that a vet is needed, get hold of Judy ASAP. Judy is very good and does treat animals without a vet when no surgery is needed.

Judy may be able to help find a foster doggy care family though most willing all ready have enough. (We have 3 in our care now that are looking for homes.)

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need more information.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
can i have a number for judy's pet place?
sadly, i see a flaw there: they may make him/her better but what will happen next? :(
i fed the goggie at lunchtime but i have not seen it now, when walking my dogs. hope all is well.
will keep you posted, folks.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i looked for him/her last night and today but nothing so far...
will look around again in the afternoon when out with the doggies. i bought more antibiotic in cream and i prepared some stuff to fix him/her a little shelter.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It is difficult for anyone to adopt a doggy you don't have. I have alot of strays around my area people are welcome to come and adopt if they can catch them.
Good luck, but I think it's a tough ask unless you take it in next time you see it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeh, but i cannot take him/her in, even temporarily because i am off in just few days... i saw it few times in the same place so i was hoping it will hang around... it did, for some time...

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It looks like a st bernard cross of some kind or at leaast a mountain collie. Shame if it dies, looks like it will grow into a handsome young doggy!!