Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Im planning on living in dr for 3months please help.

hi i am a mid 30s man from Canada looking to spend 3 months in dr please give me the do's and dont's for the area of puerto plata. im all new to this and would be my first trip to the dominican.
    1 where to find cheap accomodations.
    2 what to do for 3 months.
    3 where do i meet people
    4 what do i do?
    please give me some good feedback.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why?

Welcome to DR1! Before I can answer your questions I need to know:

Why Puerto Plata and why for 3 months? What are you looking to get out of this trip? In essence, what are your expectations?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default well here goes.

well ive been reading on this forum and some people commented on it being safe others said no. well i want to go to Dr to learn spanish, beach time, chicas, lol. every tourist from canada said to go to puerto plata. keep in mind im 35 not dead yet. i have never been there so everything is going to be new to me. do you have any suggestions where i should go?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oilrigr View Post
    where do i meet people ?

You mean what?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

where do people usually hang out on days or nights?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

where do people usually hang out on days or nights?
    For the most part people hang out at churches during the day and in the evenings most people watch the stars

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i am a mid 30s man from Canada looking to spend 3 months in dr please give me the do's and dont's for the area of puerto plata. im all new to this and would be my first trip to the dominican.
    1 where to find cheap accomodations.
    2 what to do for 3 months.
    3 where do i meet people
    4 what do i do?
    please give me some good feedback.
    First trip I would suggest Sosua or Caberette so that you can learn spanish meet girls and still be able to speak English and get your feet wet before going further in country.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

ok now no bull****. im leaving on the 15th of january for 3 months and have travelled all across canada, states, mexico. i just want some information on where to go what to do. but many comments made here make me just not want to go. this is supposed to be the most beautiful beaches and people. come on now im just divorced and willing to explore life before i die.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Like i said in the pm, Dont worry about the negativity just go you will have fun and you owe me a few beers when I get there in Febuary!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

ok now no bull****. im leaving on the 15th of january for 3 months and have travelled all across canada, states, mexico. i just want some information on where to go what to do. but many comments made here make me just not want to go. this is supposed to be the most beautiful beaches and people. come on now im just divorced and willing to explore life before i die.
    it's a small island. If you are staying there for 3 months, you can see it all, just go everywhere and if you don't like the place just go elsewhere???....)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast