Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    JDB48
    Guest

    Default Slumlord Watch: Beware of

    I just got through breaking a lease with a landlord who kept me without water for 1500+ hours over the course of 4 weeks and then rewired my electric grid, causing my electric bill to go from around 1,500 pesos to 15,000 pesos.

    Not much shows up when you google his name, so hopefully this post will let future potential tenants know that this is a person to avoid.

    Again, pm me for his name is his name.

    You should not post name on public forums, if somebody is interested they will send you a message
    Last edited by Hlywud; 12-13-2010 at 04:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where was this? And your math is way off: four weeks is 672 hours...

    This post is not accurate...If you have a problem with this person, get a lawyer and let him earn his fee. When you have a verdict, come back here and tell us about it.

    HB

  3. #3
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDB48 View Post
    I just got through breaking a lease with a landlord who kept me without water for 1500+ hours over the course of 4 weeks and then rewired my electric grid, causing my electric bill to go from around 1,500 pesos to 15,000 pesos.

    Not much shows up when you google his name, so hopefully this post will let future potential tenants know that this is a person to avoid.

    Again, pm me for his name is his name.

    You should not post name on public forums, if somebody is interested they will send you a message
    If you post your contact details, I'm happy to let you do the same for the landlord in question.

    We do not allow anonymous posts of this nature, unless you post your name and contact details.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just get his name up to make people aware, I've had my fare share of ba$tard landlords and find them extremely annoying, beyond the point of financial gain, that becomes irrelevent when someone is openly scheming you.

    Get all the details up, protect us, the gaffa said he allows it!!
    Or have you got something you might not like him to state about you and your side of the bargain?

  5. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    8,958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He did have the name posted it was removed

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlywud View Post
    He did have the name posted it was removed
    I think the deal is both names or no names, no?

  7. #7
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    I think the deal is both names or no names, no?
    Exactly..... If you're going to call someone out on the forum, have the guts to post your "real" details.

  8. #8
    JDB48
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Where was this? And your math is way off: four weeks is 672 hours...

    This post is not accurate...If you have a problem with this person, get a lawyer and let him earn his fee. When you have a verdict, come back here and tell us about it.

    HB
    150 hours, my bad. I am a lawyer, and I have a lawyer. I was not aware of the identity disclosure etiquette in this forum, but it is not in my interest to start offering up personal data. I just wanted to help tip off potential victims.

    It was quite clearly stated that the landlord name should not be published without your own personal details so, again, it has been deleted.
    Last edited by whirleybird; 12-13-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: deleting landlord name again

  9. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,821
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Another name for this thread might be how to get banned from DR1 after only two posts!

  10. #10
    DR1
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is obviously going no place.

    Closed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •